Who: James Richardson, Senior Vice President of Cisco's Enterprise Line of Business
What: Richardson's NetWorld+Interop 2001 keynote will explore how today's uncertain economic climate is creating unprecedented focus on the business value afforded by capital equipment and IT investments. Now more than ever, networking professionals need to demonstrate that operational cost savings, workforce productivity and competitive advantage can be tied directly to IT spending. Richardson will discuss these issues, addressing why now is the time to build a coherent network architecture for enabling mission-critical Internet business operations. In addition, live demonstrations will show how a converged network enables productivity, mobility and security using next generation applications.
Looking at the future of enterprise networking, Richardson will also answer the following questions:
- What e-business initiatives remain critical, and why?
- How can implementation be accelerated and simplified?
- How can Internet business models best intersect with Internet technology infrastructures?
- How will emerging technologies such as storage, optical, IP telephony and content networking drive further investment?
- What are the complexities, opportunities and risks associated with integrating disparate networks with emerging technologies?
When: Wednesday, May 9 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. A Q&A session for media and analysts will immediately follow the keynote presentation. A webcast of the presentation will be available for viewing at http://www.interop.com/keynotes within 24 hours after the keynote is delivered.
Where: Las Vegas Hilton Theatre. Priority seating is available for media and analysts.Map of keynote location is available at:http://www.key3media.com/interop/lasvegas2001/Floorplan/SWF/Hilton.html
Additional Cisco Information: Press and analysts are also invited to visit the Cisco NetWorld+Interop 2001 Las Vegas booth, #5063, at any time. Live demonstrations will run throughout the show, including optical/storage solutions, video conferencing, voice applications, call center, VPN/security, wireless and management solutions. In addition, Cisco executives will address key technology initiatives at the booth, including:
- Tuesday, May 8, 11:00 a.m.-11:15 a.m.: "Optical and Storage Solutions" Presented by Peter Alexander, Vice President, Marketing
- Wednesday, May 9, 1:30 p.m.-1:45 p.m.: "VPN and Security Services" Presented by Richard W. Palmer, Vice President and General Manage
- Thursday, May 10, 11:00 a.m.-11:15 a.m.: "Enterprise Voice and Video Convergence Solution" Presented by Marthin DeBeer, Vice President and General Manager