SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 22, 2013 – Highlighting the increasing use of high-quality video traffic over the network, Cisco today announced the release of the Cisco® CCNA® Video and Cisco Video Network Specialist certifications. CCNA Video is designed for video professionals who design, install and support video solutions on Video-Voice-over-IP networks. The new Cisco Video Network Specialist certification enables traditional analog audiovisual (Pro A/V) specialists, as well as other networking professionals, to extend their skills to meet the growing demand for networked video job roles. These programs expand career opportunities for employees of enterprise, government, service provider and reseller partner organizations transitioning from other areas such as routing and switching, voice and unified communications to video networking.
According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index, Internet video traffic is growing at an unprecedented pace. Globally, Internet video traffic will be 55 percent of all consumer Internet traffic in 2016, up from 51 percent in 2011. The sum of all forms of video (TV, video on demand, Internet and P2P) will be approximately 86 percent of global consumer traffic by 2016.
- A job-role-focused training and certification program, CCNA Video establishes an individual’s ability to deploy video endpoints, set up new users, and operate networked voice and video solutions for job duties that include configuring voice and video single-screen endpoint devices, supporting telephony and video applications, and troubleshooting. The certification also validates a candidate’s knowledge of the architecture, components, functionalities and features of Cisco Unified Communications Manager solutions.
- Voice and networking professionals will benefit from this training and certification, which provides an opportunity to extend their skills and careers into video networking.
- VIVND 200-001 and ICOMM 640-461 exams are requirements for the CCNA Video certification. Recommended training is available from Cisco and authorized Cisco Learning Partners.
Cisco Video Network Specialist
- In order to prepare individuals for career opportunities as video technicians, video administrators or audiovisual installers in IP-networked environments, the Cisco Video Network Specialist certification establishes and enhances key skills including the ability to configure video single-screen endpoints, set up new user accounts, support video applications and troubleshoot networked video solutions.
- The VIVND 200-001 exam is required for Cisco Video Network Specialist certification.
- Recommended training is available from Cisco and authorized Cisco Learning Partners.
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager at Learning@Cisco, said: “Cisco’s leading position as a trusted provider of video and collaboration applications across business, government, service provider and consumer segments ideally positions us to provide skills development training for IT professionals in these key technologies. Cisco’s establishment of the medianet concept as a platform for integrating video and other rich-media collaboration technologies represents an opportunity for all Cisco partners and customers to implement networked video solutions to meet escalating rich-media demands and rapidly growing content volume. Individuals that achieve these new certifications and utilize the related training will be optimally positioned to support increasingly sophisticated video needs and offer added value to their employers.”
- Watch: Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn on Video Skills: The Changing World of Video Talent
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3443017
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cisco
Technorati Tags: Talent Development, Cisco Certified, Network, Certifications, IT Certifications, Cisco, Cisco Learning Network, Education, Learning@Cisco, CCNA, Video, Enterprise Video, Video-over-IP, Video-Voice-over-IP, Pro A/V, Audiovisual, video network, networked-video, TelePresence, Video Conferencing, Mobile Video, Video Calls, Collaboration, Unified Communications
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.