December 06, 2012
BANGKOK, Thailand, December 6, 2012 – Cisco announced its new portfolio of small and midsize business solutions to over 300 channel partners at the Asia Pacific, Japan and Greater China (APJC) Partner-Led Network Event. The new portfolio will help Cisco partners better serve customers who are looking to increase productivity by enabling mobile employees to work and collaborate with a high degree of security. Ultimately, this launch is about connecting people, a key part of Cisco’s Work Your Way vision.
Cisco’s partner-led go-to-market model empowers Cisco channel partners to lead customer engagement in the small business and midmarket segments with new offerings such as:
- A new all-in-one security solution, the Cisco® ISA500 Series Integrated Security Appliances, which combine highly secure Internet, wireless, dual wide-area network (WAN), site-to-site, and remote VPN access with unified threat management (UTM) capabilities.
- New collaboration products that include the Cisco SPA232D Multi-Line DECT ATA, an affordable and reliable voice gateway with an integrated DECT base station to route voice over IP (VoIP) calls to the PSTN. Also new in the collaboration portfolio is the Cisco SPA302D Multi-Line DECT Handset and the Cisco SPA500DS Expansion Module, a digital attendant console that attaches to the SPA500 Series IP Phones.
- The Cisco RV215W Wireless-N VPN Router with 3G/4G, an affordable and easy-to-use wireless router that supports a wide variety of connectivity options including 3G and 4G via USB.
- Software updates for the Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Power over Ethernet (PoE) and the Cisco WAP321Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with PoE. The firmware upgrades will enable single-point setup to simplify the deployment of office-wide wireless networks.
- For partners and customers who want to offer value-added network management services, the Cisco OnPlus family of cloud-based network management services helps simplify the monitoring, management, and maintenance of small and midsize networks. OnPlus Security is currently offered with the ISA500 in Australia and New Zealand only.
Also included in this portfolio are Cisco Jabber® and Cisco WebEx® solutions, which can further boost Cisco’s highly secure and flexible collaboration experience for small and midsize customers. These solutions are also being introduced to channel partners in the region through the biannual Cisco Advantage Now! roadshows, which are being held in almost 100 cities in APJC.
- Andrew Sage, vice president, Worldwide Partner Led, Cisco
“Cisco is fully committed to the success of our partners including delivering innovative solutions to help partners and customers differentiate themselves. We’re also giving our partners in the small and midsize spaces unprecedented access to Cisco engineers for presales support and to services such as Cisco OnPlus Scanner to help monitor and manage their networks.”
Cisco ISA 500 Series Integrated Security Appliance
- Devin Culp, Creative Network Innovations (www.cniweb.net) - U.S.A.
“The Cisco ISA500 Series is a perfect unit for a small business. You get features you would see in an enterprise network; what I liked the most was the Intrusion Prevention capability. Small businesses looking for an affordable all-in-one solution should consider this product.”
- Rajesh Kamdar, Sejutronics (www.sejutronics.com) - India
“The Cisco ISA500 Series can be a strong UTM product in the midrange to target the SME segment from the Cisco stable.”
- Olaf Bahr, Teufelnet (www.teufelnet.ch) - Switzerland
“This product offers good working security options and it’s simple to configure them. So our small customers get a security solution that is state-of-the-art.”
- Mike Bacus, MegaPath (www.megapath.com) - U.S.A.
“Cisco's new SPA232D DECT Wireless IP phone system with the SPA302D is highly anticipated by our SMB and Distributed Enterprise customers across many vertical markets. The market has been asking for VoIP services to natively encompass their wireless telephony needs of conducting calls while moving between the customer-facing storefront or front office and the back office. The freedom of mobility enabled by DECT, coupled with VoIP’s HD voice quality and affordability makes Cisco's DECT Wireless IP phone system with the SPA302D a great solution for our customers.”
Global List Pricing*:
- The Cisco ISA500 Series starts at US$443 with a 1-year license, that includes all advanced security services, such as web and email threat protection, intrusion prevention, anti-virus, and application control
- The Cisco SPA232D Multi-Line DECT ATA base station is priced at US$74; the Cisco SPA302D Multi-Line DECT Handset costs US$107; bundled pricing starts at US$175 for one base station and one handset. The Cisco SPA500DS Expansion Module costs US$175.
- The Cisco RV215W Wireless-N VPN Router lists at US$143.
* Prices noted are per Cisco price list only. Actual prices may vary. Please contact your Cisco Partner for specific pricing for any of the technology solutions listed above (http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/).
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco products are supplied in Asia Pacific by the channel partners of Cisco Systems International B.V., a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.