Combined Companies Showcase Next-Generation Videoscape Experiences Delivered to "Any Screen"September 07, 2012
SAN JOSE, Calif., and AMSTERDAM, IBC, September 7, 2012 – At IBC this week, Cisco and its newly acquired NDS unit are showcasing next-generation video capabilities combining the power of the network, cloud and client to help service providers and content providers accelerate time to market with new multiscreen video services. Cisco and NDS, together, will continue transforming how operators can deliver live and on-demand video experiences and services for consumers worldwide. Visit Cisco on stand 14.115 in The Connected World, Hall 14, and NDS on stand A71, Hall 1.
- Cisco will highlight next-generation Videoscape capabilities, including advanced solutions for time-shifted TV, the Videoscape Distribution Suite, a new and enhanced content delivery systems portfolio with the latest CDN features such as CDN Federation, new Videoscape-capable set-top boxes and modular converged cable access platform (CCAP) technology.
- On its stand, NDS will demonstrate solutions that are set to greatly enhance the Cisco Videoscape portfolio. NDS will highlight its proven solutions to unify, extend and enhance pay-TV services over managed and unmanaged networks. In addition, NDS will showcase advanced, award winning user interfaces, including customer deployments for leading European pay-TV platforms.
Additional Cisco news at IBC:
- Cisco's ‘Videoscape Distribution Suite' Revolutionizes Video Content Delivery to Multiple Screens
- European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Executes on Streaming Strategy for Major Sports Events with Cisco Videoscape Media Processor
- Cisco Videoscape Enables German Broadcasters to Expand HDTV Services
- SBB-Telemach Group Selects Cisco PDS Set-Top Box Series
Cisco Speakers at IBC:
- Chris Dedicoat, president, European Markets, Cisco: IBC 2012 Leaders' Summit, "The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth?," Thursday, September 6, 1:30-3:45 p.m., Forum, RAI Amsterdam
- Kevin Murray, systems architect, NDS, now part of Cisco: "New Ultra High Resolution Displays and Imaging," Thursday, September 6, 4:00-5:30 p.m., Emerald Room, RAI Amsterdam
- Nick Thexton, CTO, Cisco Service Provider Video Technology Group: "The Great Connected Television Debate: Will the Internet be the End of Television as We Know It?," Saturday, September 8, 4:30–5:30 p.m., Forum, RAI Amsterdam
- Ken Morse, VP, Cisco Service Provider Video Technology Group: Connected Consumer Debates: "Debate 3: Connecting the TV," Saturday, September 8, 12:00–1:00 p.m., IBC Connected World Demonstration Area – Hall 14, RAI Amsterdam
- Nick Thexton, CTO, Cisco Service Provider Video Technology Group: "IP Services and Technologies- The Challenges of Multimedia on Multiscreens," Monday, September 10, 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Emerald Room, RAI Amsterdam
- Alex Ashley, Principal Systems Architect, NDS, now part of Cisco: "Next Generation Cable & Wireless Networks: Challenges & Technologies," Monday, September 10, 2:00-3:30 p.m., Emerald Room, RAI Amsterdam
- Jesper Andersen, senior vice president and general manager, Cisco Service Provider Video Technology Group
"Consumers today expect multi-screen, on-demand TV and video experiences that are intuitive and reliable. With NDS now part of Cisco, we are on a fast track to providing broadcasters, content distributors, and service providers with the necessary solutions to deliver ground-breaking video experiences to any connected device – anywhere and anytime. Together, we are reinventing the TV experience with Videoscape. By integrating Cisco and NDS technologies, we can help operators to further innovate and differentiate their video services and drive new revenue streams, all while protecting existing investments."
- Jason Blackwell, director of service provider strategies at Strategy Analytics
"Interworking cloud, network and client, the modular, open Videoscape platform offers service providers and content providers an agile services platform, and a flexible migration strategy to an all IP environment. The addition of NDS software video platforms and a services-focused business model strengthens and expands the Videoscape platform, providing a complete, well-rounded offering for operators to explore at the show."
- About Cisco Videoscape http://www.cisco.com/go/videoscape
- Cisco Service Provider blog: SP360: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Follow Cisco IBC news and activities on Twitter: #CiscoIBC and #Videoscape
Cisco, CDN, CDN Federation, cloud, Chris Dedicoat, Nick Thexton, ESPN, EBU, IBC, NDS, Serbia Broadband, SBB-Telemach, Jesper Andersen, Videoscape, Videoscape Distribution Suite
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.