SAN JOSE, Calif. – April 23, 2012 – On April 25, Cisco will host a live video webcast and Q&A session featuring IT executives from CSC, Sprint, and Educational Testing Service (ETS) who will discuss the economic benefits of cloud computing for their businesses and their customers.
The broadcast will provide real-world perspectives into the cloud adoption of major enterprises and service providers, as cloud computing continues to transform businesses through improved agility, better economics, enhanced security and a dynamic, assured experience. The executives will discuss the economic benefits derived from cloud business models and share examples of how cloud computing is changing their industries.
Lew Tucker, vice president and chief technology officer for Cisco's Cloud Computing business, will host the program, which will feature:
- Joseph Martin, director of solution engineering at Sprint, who will address Sprint's approach to monetizing the cloud and how enterprises are gaining tangible benefits from managed services and cloud service simplicity.
- Siki Giunta, global vice president of cloud computing and software services, CSC, who will share how CSC -- an IT integrator and Service Provider -- has invested in the cloud to solve its clients' toughest business challenges and what have been the returns.
- Daniel Wakeman, vice president and CIO, Educational Testing Service, who will share highlights of how the world's largest private educational testing and research organization is leveraging the benefits of cloud delivery to transform their business model.
When: Wednesday, April 25, 11 a.m.to noon PDT
Where: To view the webcast, visit www.ustream.tv/ciscotv2. Registration is not required, and the program is also available for replay at the same link.
- For more information on Cisco's cloud platform, visit: www.cisco.com/go/cloud
- Cloud Economics Infograhics: http://share.cisco.com/EconomicsInTheCloud/
- Join the conversation on Twitter: #CiscoCloud
- The Platform Blog: Riding the Cloud to Improve Your Top and Bottom Line Economics
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, Cisco Nexus and Cisco Unified Computing System are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.