San Jose, Calif. April 13, 2012 - At Microsoft Management Summit (MMS) taking place at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas, NV, Cisco will be showcasing (Booth #300) data center solutions that extend performance of Microsoft Corp.'s latest private cloud and business software solutions including:
- For desktop virtualization, Cisco will demonstrate how Citrix XenDesktop offers streamlined virtual infrastructure to easily create, manage and scale desktop virtualization with System Center 2012, including System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Cisco will demonstrate UCS Management packs for System Center 2012 that provides automation and comprehensive management of UCS. Cisco will also demonstrate a new user-friendly, command-line-interface-based UCS management tool, called the UCS PowerTool, that provides comprehensive infrastructure management under the control of Windows PowerShell.
- A unified network view will be demonstrated through the Nexus 1000V distributed virtual switching solutions that work with both Windows Server "8" and System Center 2012 to aid server administrators to better manage virtual networking requirements.
To learn more about these solutions, Cisco will be presenting the following sessions at MMS.
- "Understanding & Simplifying Virtual Machine Networking"
Tuesday, April 17, 4:00pm – 5:15pm PT
Appaji Malla, product manager, Cisco Nexus 1000V will cover how Cisco Nexus 1000V can help simplify your virtualization environment through a non-disruptive operational model; policy based provisioning and tight integration with System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
- "Manage Cisco UCS with Microsoft System Center 2012 and Windows PowerShell"
Wednesday, April 18, 2:15pm – 3:30pm PT
Chakri Avala, product manager Engineering, Cisco will cover management of Cisco UCS with Microsoft's latest System Center 2012 tools and Windows PowerShell. This session will show integration of UCS XML API with management tools from Microsoft to expose detailed Cisco UCS hardware inventory, monitoring, alerting and automating UCS management using Windows PowerShell.
For more information on the products that will be demonstrated at MMS, please visit Cisco's MMS event page.
- Cisco and Microsoft Collaboration
- Cisco Desktop Virtualization with Microsoft Private Cloud Reference Architecture
- Social Media: Follow the latest news from Cisco throughout MMS via the Data Center and Cloud Blog or engage via Cisco's Twitter page
- Customers and channel partners interested in purchasing these solutions validated with Microsoft private cloud should contact Avnet at 1-855-GO-FLEXPOD (1-855-463-5397).
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.