SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 28, 2012 – Cisco today announced a major update to Cisco® CCNA® Security and CCNP® Security certifications to deliver job-ready training designed to provide the most up-to-date information on new security products and best practices to meet evolving threats and compliance requirements.
Business trends such as bring your own device ("BYOD"), mobility, cloud and virtualization are creating opportunities for new threats and challenges to corporate networks. Security breaches and the compromise of sensitive information are major concerns for organizations worldwide. Cisco security certifications provide IT professionals with the skills to help ensure critical data remains safe and networks meet compliance requirements.
- New topics that are included in the updated training include Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance version 8.3 and 8.4 software, Cisco AnyConnect™ 3.0 and traditional IPsec clients, EtherChannel and the latest firewall features.
- CCNA Security lays the foundation for job roles such as Network Security Specialist, Security Administrator and Network Security Support Engineer. The certification courses and exams have been updated to include 640-554 Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS).
- CCNP Security is aligned specifically to the job role of the Network Security Engineer. Network Security Engineers are responsible for security in routers, switches, networking devices and appliances, as well as choosing, deploying, supporting and troubleshooting firewalls, VPNs and IDS/IPS solutions for their networking environments.
- CCNP Security courses and exams have been updated to include 642-648 Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions (VPN v2.0) as well as 642-618 Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions (FIREWALL v2.0).
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager, Learning@Cisco, said: "With constantly evolving threats and compliance requirements, it is critical to continuously refine educational offerings to ensure Cisco certified individuals have the most comprehensive understanding of how to secure infrastructure against the latest security challenges. Updates to our industry-leading security certifications ensure we are providing the technical skills and depth of knowledge required for professionals to stand out in today's job market and enable a competitive advantage for their employers."
- CCNA Security and CCNP Security exams are now available through Pearson Vue:
- Training courses are available through Cisco Authorized Learning Partners:
- Official self-study books, eBooks, and Quick References are available from Cisco Press:
- Find out more about the redesigned Security certification and training products today at: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13734
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3443017
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cisco
Talent Development, Cisco Certified, Network, Certifications, IT Certifications, Cisco, Cisco Learning Network, Education, CCNA, CCNP, Security, Learning@Cisco, ASA, Firewall
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.