SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 21, 2014 – To meet the increasing challenges of securing enterprise networks evolving in size, scope and complexity, Cisco today announced a major revision of the CCNP Security Certification, the introduction of a new Cybersecurity Specialist Certification and other security solutions training.
The 2014 Cisco Annual Security Report indicates a shortage of more than a million security professionals across the globe in 2014. The sophistication of the technology and methods used by online criminals—and their nonstop attempts to breach networks and steal data—have outpaced the ability of IT and security professionals to address these threats. Learning@Cisco has redesigned existing offerings and introduced new offerings to address this critical skills deficit, providing network security engineers, analysts and product specialists with development opportunities to ensure on-the-job readiness to meet the future challenges of network defense.
CCNP Security Certification:
- The redesigned CCNP Security Certification focuses on enabling Network Security Engineers that are required to design, deploy, maintain and manage end-to-end network security solutions.
- The updated certification and training provides a holistic understanding of the elements that coexist to provide a complete network security posture.
Cisco Cybersecurity Specialist:
- The new Cisco® Cybersecurity Specialist Certification offers Network Security Analysts the latest threat detection and mitigation skills using the most advanced security solutions currently available.
- The Cisco Cybersecurity Specialist Certification recognizes security professionals that have attained specialist in-depth expertise and proven knowledge in the essential areas of proactive cyber threat detection and mitigation.
- Designed for professional security analysts and leveraging the features of Cisco and other network security products used today, the certification focuses on event monitoring, security event alarm, traffic analysis and incident response.
Security Solutions Training:
For network security engineers looking to gain in-depth expertise on specific Cisco network security products, Cisco continues its commitment to providing the latest and best in Cisco product and technology training with new courses, including:
- Implementing Advanced Cisco ASA Security (SASAA)
- Implementing Cisco Bring Your Own Device Solutions (SBYOD)
- Implementing Core Cisco ASA Security (SASAC)
- Implementing & Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine for Wireless Engineers (SWISE)
- Jeanne Beliveau Dunn, vice president and general manager, Learning@Cisco, said: “The Cisco Annual Security Report indicates that overall vulnerability and threat alerts have reached their highest levels since Cisco began tracking them in 2000. The security landscape has evolved rapidly and radically from that of just a few years ago. In order to stay ahead of these new security challenges, individuals require validated training that aligns with business requirements both today and into the future. The enhanced security training and certifications introduced today provide sophisticated education to equip professionals with the necessary skills to defend mission critical networks.”
- The new exams will be available Jan. 24, 2014. Students can register for the exams through Pearson VUE, the primary test delivery partner for Cisco.
- CCNP Security and Security Solutions Training courses are offered by Cisco Learning Partners, the only authorized source for Cisco IT training delivered exclusively by Certified Cisco Instructors. Registration for training is available now via Learning Partners for classes beginning in Feb. 2014.
- The Cybersecurity Specialist Certification training course “Securing Cisco Networks with Threat Detection and Analysis” (SCYBER) is offered by the Cisco Learning Services Team as a direct delivery offering.
- The last date to test for current CCNP Security Exams is April 21, 2014.
- For details on availability of product and technology training, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/securitycertifications.
Social Media Destinations:
- Watch Cisco CSO & Senior Vice President John N. Stewart address how Cisco is helping overcome the security skills shortage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2ogPCOhTeU
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3443017
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cisco
- RSS feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, CCNP and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.