São Paulo, Brazil, December 19, 2013 - Cisco is expanding its manufacturing in Brazil this month with the production of advanced enterprise Wi-Fi Access Points. The 1600 and 2600 Access Point families join the lines of switches, produced since last September, and routers, which local manufacturing started in September 2012.
Next-generation products, the Access Points are designed for businesses of all sizes and various segments like automation and retail, that seek to provide Wi-Fi quality and high security, improving the mobile device users` experience.
With the Access Points, switches and routers, Cisco now offers a complete Unified Access solution of products manufactured in Brazil, and also it is boosting the Internet of Everything (IoE).
The expansion through one of the Cisco® manufacturing partners with facilities in Sao Paulo state allows the company to better serve the needs of the Brazilian market, optimizing availability, which will result in prompt delivery and competitiveness of these products. The local manufacturing is in compliance with PPB (Processo Produtivo Básico - Basic Productive Process) and will generate about 150 jobs.
• Cisco Aironet 1600 Access Point is ideal for migration of Wi-Fi networks to the 802.11n standard. It supports up to 300 Mbps connections.
• Cisco Aironet 2600 Access Point is a high-performance 802.11n product with advanced features for the enterprise market. It includes Cisco CleanAir technology to control interference, ensuring greater availability of the Wi-Fi network.
• Both Access Points operate in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands (dual band) allowing users balancing between the two bands, accommodating more users in broader channels and with less use.
• The products are available for operation in stand-alone mode or in conjunction with Cisco Wi-Fi controllers. They are available also for typical office deployments or for special projects with external antennas.
• One of the best-selling switches families, the Cisco Catalyst 2960, manufactured in Brazil since last September, offers highly secure data, availability and processing capacity, with efficient and cost-effective network connectivity. The product is designed for small and midsize companies, and branch offices.
• The switches manufactured in Brazil are prepared for the Internet IPv6 standard and 802.1x security, besides the Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality.
Rodrigo Dienstmann, president of Cisco in Brazil
"We see an explosion of demand for mobility in the corporation, from small to large companies and governments. The local production of Wi-Fi Access Points will support this market trend. Additionally, the expansion of the local manufacturing with the Center of Innovation in Rio and other investments in Brazil reinforce our long-term commitment with the country. For customers, local manufacturing means advantages such as high availability of products at the most competitive prices".
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.