July 10, 2013
SAN JOSE, Calif. and ROUBAIX, France, 10 July, 2013 –– Cisco today announced that the Cisco® Aggregation Services Router (ASR) 9000 Series routing platform has been selected by OVH.com, the world's third-largest hosting provider, to support the expansion of its Internet Protocol (IP) network providing greater capacity and scope for innovation in cloud and hosted services.
With more than 700,000 customers, 150,000 physical servers and 500 000 virtual machines, OVH.com not only addresses the challenges of cloud computing for businesses, it also enables consumer services that require quality of service.
Through the deployment of its own global infrastructure, including a dedicated fiber optic network, OVH.com provides comprehensive access and high-speed connections to its services from anywhere in the world. OVH.com's peering policy gives the company the ability to offer superior customer experiences by connecting directly with its customers' Internet service providers. Customers enjoy lower latency when accessing content hosted within OVH.com's infrastructure and more importantly, its 2.2 terabits-per-second of capacity ensures quick loading of every web page delivered through OVH.com's network. With trends in Internet traffic highlighting exponential growth in usage and an increasing need to provide not only access, but also intelligent management of the network, OVH.com is addressing its expanding needs with Cisco.
With the deployment of a sophisticated routing platform from Cisco that enables unrivalled capacity, OVH.com will be able to rapidly grow its network to address its expansion plans - in addition to providing a continued focus on service innovation.
- Central to OVH.com's expansion plans is the Cisco ASR 9922 Router, part of the ASR 9000 Series. The ASR 9922 will enable highly resilient IP connectivity and robust support for both IPv4 and IPv6 across the OVH.com network.
- With a dedicated fiber optic network, OVH.com is able to provide speeds of up to 2 Tbps in Europe and 8 Tbps in North America, crossing 33 global peering points; OVH.com's selection of the Cisco ASR 9922 was largely due to its ability to support such capacity with an extensive number of 10 Gbps and 100 Gbps connections.
- The ASR 9922 was chosen in part because of its ability to properly manage different types of traffic - particularly critical for virtualized resources and rich media information containing video and audio, which is highly sensitive to any time delays caused by the network.
- In addition, the Cisco IOS® XR modular software operating system and full compliance with IPv6 enables OVH.com to meet customer demand for IPv6 based services.
Octave Klaba, C(E/T)O of OVH.com
"OVH.com has sought to deploy one of the most advanced networks in the world. By leveraging our own data center technology for our servers and our IP network from Cisco, we're able to deliver a faster, lower latency solution for our costumers while minimizing our power consumption and carbon footprint. No other Cloud and hosting company has our combination of flexible service offerings and global reach to so many Internet service providers."
Sri Hosakote, vice president and general manager, High End Routing and Optical, Cisco
"We are passionate about enabling experiences to build better relationships, and our work with OVH.com is doing just that. Cloud hosting and the solutions that it enables play a central role in delivering on the promise of the next generation Internet. We look forward to continued innovation with OVH.com."
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series
- Cisco 100 GE Solution
- Cisco Service Provider Solutions
- Read the complete Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Forecast, 2012-2017
- Read: Cisco SP360 Blog
Cisco, OVH.com, Visual Networking Index Forecast, VNI, ASR9922, ASR9000, IPv6, cloud, data center
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
OVH.com is the #1 Internet hosting provider in Europe. Founded in 1999 by Octave Klaba, the company experienced exponential growth, with now over 150,000 dedicated servers in 12 data centers. OVH owes its success to a growth model based on innovation and total control of the hosting supply chain, in-house server production, infrastructure maintenance and client support. For every of its Cloud and hosting solution, OVH.com is able to offer the best value and provide real guarantees to customers. Located in 16 countries, on 3 continents, OVH.com is today the world's reference for all the customers seeking the best of the Internet. To learn more : www.ovh.com / Follow us on twitter @OVH.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.