Nexica chooses Cisco infrastructure technology to power cloud service
Offers Spanish businesses a complete range of managed, flexible and scalable infrastructure as a service and platform as a service options
Madrid, 28 June 2012 – Cisco has announced that Nexica has chosen the Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) platform and Cisco Nexus® switches to power one of the first cloud services in Spain. It will offer businesses a complete range of infrastructure services such as IaaS (infrastructure as a service) and PaaS (platform as a service), which provide businesses with benefits such as decreased operational costs, lower risk, increased reliability and improved management of resources.
Nexica is a company with over 15 years' experience in offering managed IT solutions. Nexica Private & Hybrid Cloud, its latest product, is aimed at companies with a need to store and manage critical business applications. Nexica provides Web access to a wide range of technological resources -- processing power, memory, storage, network, load balancing, intelligent caching or backup -- which can be provided quickly, scaled and used on demand.
- To power this cloud service, Nexica has selected Cisco Unified Computing System technology, which allows computing, networks, access to storage and virtualisation to be unified in one standard modular system that enables data centres to power public, private or hybrid clouds. The infrastructure is supported by Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches, which provide complete 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for all chassis and blades, reducing cabling by up to 50 per cent and supporting the transport of multiple network protocols and storage using a single structure (Unified Fabric). Cisco® technology has been integrated into the Nexica data centre, considered to be one of the most modern, innovative and efficient in Europe, with 70 fully qualified support staff.
- Nexica Private & Hybrid Cloud has been integrated with EMC storage systems, VMware virtualisation software, control panels and work methodologies, which help ensure the transparency, flexibility and security of the platform.
- Reducing costs and maximum flexibility: By integrating the different elements of the data centre and adopting a platform that unifies all network connections, Nexica has succeeded in reducing capital costs by 20 per cent and operating costs by 30 per cent. Above all it has the necessary performance, scalability and flexibility to accelerate the provision of services via the Internet cloud.
- Rapid provisioning of resources: Cisco technology provides rapid provisioning of new servers and physical and virtual resources to enable Nexica to adapt to the specific demands of its customers, whether it be providing computing resources, networks, servers, storage, applications or services.
- A wider range of services: Nexica offers a wide range of cloud services, such as different management, operation, availability and invoicing options to suit the needs of your customers, from the creation of fixed-cost private virtual data centres to totally flexible infrastructures with variable costing, or even hybrid platforms that combine the best of both worlds.
- On demand and pay-per-use: Based on this infrastructure in the cloud, Spanish organisations have unlimited access to the technological resources they need, without the need to install new equipment in their offices and only paying for what they use. This represents a significant cost saving and the business agility of creating new products and services with greater ease.
- Having successfully passed a complete validation process, the Nexica Private & Hybrid Cloud has been operational since January 2012 with maximum service, flexibility and innovation guarantees.
- Jordi Mas, Managing Director, Nexica.
"Nexica Private & Hybrid Cloud is a fully managed service: the customer not only has available all the required functionality, paying only for what is used and without having to worry about the underlying infrastructure, they can also be sure of maximum levels of availability, confidentiality and security guaranteed through service level agreements."
- Jesús Mansilla, Small and Medium-Size Business Director, Cisco Spain.
"To optimise productivity and competitiveness, medium-sized businesses need access to the same technological resources as large businesses, but in a simplified, flexible and cost-effective form; this is now a reality thanks to Nexica experience and Cisco technology."
- Read the blog Cisco Data Center
- Cisco News RSS Feed
With over 1,200 corporate clients, Nexica is an expert in providing Managed ICT Services, Cloud Computing and Critical Application Hosting. Since 1996 it has offered companies managed services for IT and Telecommunications Infrastructures. Service, flexibility and innovation are their three commitments, providing organisations with a scalable and flexible platform with high availability which allows them to increase their efficiency and productivity by adapting technology services to their needs and expectations. For more information about Nexica go to http://www.nexica.com or http://twitter.com/cloudnexica.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate For more information about Cisco go to http://www.cisco.com or http://www.cisco.es. To access Cisco press information visit http://www.cisco.es/prensa or http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Follow Cisco Spain on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cisco_spain