Bright House Networks Collaborates with Cisco to Offer World Class Managed Security Services
Partnership Achieves Early Success as Nation's 10th Largest School District Looks to Bright House Networks for Comprehensive Managed Services
BOSTON – The Cable Show 2012 – May 21, 2012 – Bright House Networks and Cisco announced today that they are working together to help enterprises, government, healthcare, and education institutions better handle security defenses in their networks. Security attacks are a key concern whether threats begin outside, or inside mission critical networks. Additionally, the complexity is increasing daily with trends like bring-your-own-devices (BYOD). The BYOD trend is the biggest new challenge that network managers face today to keep their networks secured and a broad array of end-user devices supported.
Bright House Networks, the sixth largest owner and operator of cable systems in the U.S., and Cisco are making available today a variety of customizable, cutting-edge solutions featuring cloud-based managed security services. Bright House Networks and Cisco are also partnering to provide a better and safer Internet filtering solution and intrusion prevention system to monitor and secure the vast array of enterprise owned or BYOD devices.
- The partnership has an early success supporting a public school system in Florida serving more than179,000 students. Bright House Networks was selected to help support their more than 200 schools, administrative offices, and data centers. Bright House Networks is providing MetroE transport and managed router/VPN services via virtual private LAN service (VPLS) with Cisco 3925 Integrated Services Routers Generation 2.
- Separate from MetroE and managed router/VPN, Bright House Networks' managed security services are enabled by Cisco® Smart Operate Services, a white-label service that enables service providers to provide network and application management services for the business market. Under Smart Operate Services service, Cisco delivers provisioning, service orchestration, and assurance with Bright House Networks to customers for security services, including content filtering and intrusion prevention services.
- For all managed services, whether delivered through a partnership with Cisco or provided direct from Bright House Networks, customers will directly experience Bright House Networks premium technical support across the suite of services.
- With an end-to-end network solution built with Cisco technology, including the CRS-3 at the core and the ASR9000 at the edge, Bright House Networks offers a comprehensive region-, state- or city-wide multiservice IP VPN service to enterprises and education institutions. Delivered over a multiprotocol label switching (MPLS)-enabled network, this service will help enable schools, governments, and businesses to extend the reach of their networks, and utilize cutting-edge technology knowing that bandwidth is not a limitation.
- Bright House Networks and Cisco are demonstrating their joint data and security services offering at NCTA's The Cable Show 2012, May 21-23, 2012 at Cisco's booth, #1453.
- Craig Cowden, senior vice president, network engineering and operations, Bright House Networks
"Our collaboration with Cisco allows us to be one of the first cable operators in the United States to offer comprehensive, world-class managed security services to enterprises and our key vertical market's in education, government, and healthcare. Working with Cisco, we've already been able to quickly bring new security services to specific customers in the education vertical, while maximizing previous investment in our robust MPLS-based converged core network.
- Praveen Akkiraju, senior vice president and general manager, service routing technology business unit, Cisco
"Bright House Networks' forward-thinking demonstrates how cable operators can evolve to offer managed services for security, WAN connectivity and unified communications to their enterprise and educational customers in key verticals. Working closely with Bright House Networks, we can help advance their next-generation network with other managed services and maximize their existing distribution infrastructure investments."
- Bright House Networks
- Cisco Service Provider solutions
- Cisco Service Provider blog: SP360
- Cisco® Visual Networking Index (VNI) Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast for 2011 to 2016,
- Follow Cisco "The Cable Show 2012" news and activities on Twitter: #CiscoCable12
Bright House Networks, Cisco, Integrated Services Router, ISR, MetroE transport, Smart Operate Services, service providers, cable operators, managed services, network security, mobility, education, bring-your-own-devices, BYOD, Craig Cowden, Praveen Akkiraju
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
About Bright House Networks
Bright House Networks is the sixth largest owner and operator of cable systems in the U.S. and the second largest in Florida with technologically advanced systems located in five states including Florida, Alabama, Indiana, Michigan and California.
Bright House Networks serves more than 2.4 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. The company also offers a full suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Bright House Media Strategies, the advertising arm of Bright House Networks, offers businesses advanced targeted advertising solutions. Bright House Networks also owns and operates exclusive local news and sports channels in its Florida markets.
For more information about Bright House Networks or our products and services, please visit (www.brighthouse.com).
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Most Recent NewsConnected Cars Get a Test Drive
By Steve Wildstrom 6/17/2013
Cisco Opens Innovation Center in Collaboration with Pelephone to Boost Mobile Internet Capacity
The Network Week in Review and Look Ahead: June 10-14