Cisco to Highlight BYOD Research Findings and Unveil Its Vision and Approach to Network Mobility: Going Beyond ‘BYOD' to Enable "Your Way" Connected Worker Experiences
Webcast Airs May 16 and May 17
SAN JOSE, Calif., May 15, 2012 – Senior Cisco executives, customers and partners will host two global webcasts to address challenges that many organizations are facing today as they look to accommodate the influx of personal devices on their network – the"bring your own device" (BYOD) phenomenon – with the need to maintain network security, uphold access policies and ensure that intellectual property is protected. Cisco will share its point of view that an effective mobility strategy should do much more than embrace user-owned devices. Cisco executives will also emphasize the critical role of Cisco partners and service providers in enabling seamless mobility for workers.
Webcast attendees will hear about research findings from Cisco that demonstrate a shift is taking place in how IT managers and business leaders view mobility overall in the enterprise, and how far people are willing to go to work their way – whether in the office, at home or on the go. Attendees will also be able to ask questions via chat throughout the webcast.
The webcast will be hosted at the Cisco House overlooking London's newly constructed Olympic Park, which will be the venue for most of the events of this summer's London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The location was chosen to underscore the relentless pace of change enterprises and service providers have experienced: During the last Olympics (Beijing 2008), iPads and other tablets were still two years away; the first iPhone had been shipping for just over a year in the U.S.; and the first Android phone had yet to ship. Now, the entire mobility landscape has changed.
- Padmasree Warrior, Senior Vice-President and Chief Technology Officer, Cisco
- Scott Puopolo, Vice-President, Internet Business Solutions Group, Cisco
- Rebecca Jacoby, Chief Information Officer, Cisco
- Cisco customers
- North American Broadcast: Wednesday, May 16 at 8 a.m. Pacific / 3 p.m. GMT / 5 pm CET
- Asia Pacific Broadcast: Thursday, May 17 at 10 p.m. Pacific / 5 a.m. GMT / 7 a.m. CET
- Register for the live webcast or listen to a replay at: http://www.cisco.com/go/semreg/cisco_mulitple_devices/gen7
- Cisco, BYOD, mobility, virtualization, Unified Workspace, multiple devices, your way, smartphone, tablet, security, service provider, mobile Internet, IBSG, Padmasree Warrior, VXI, Collaboration
RSS Feed for Cisco:
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.