Argentinian Steelmaker Streamlines Manufacturing Process with Cisco Borderless Network Architecture
AcerBrag optimizes costs and increases efficiency with the deployment of new wireless network
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, April 23, 2012 - AcerBrag, an iron and steel manufacturing company with more than 45 years of experience in Argentina and a subsidiary of a Brazilian group, has implemented a Cisco® Unified Wireless network platform. The goal is to develop and integrate solutions that enable bar code readers to track the company's inventory of materials in real time.
The solution is based on the Cisco Borderless Network Architecture, which has helped accelerated AcerBrag's transformation into a dynamic organization that allows people to connect with mobile devices at any time and from any place, with substantial benefits for the business. The solution is mainly composed of switches, access points and wireless controllers and is integrated with the SAP system and data collectors.
AcerBrag's main goal was to optimize costs to improve its position in the market in spite of strong competition. AcerBrag's competitive advantage is underpinned by the control and precision of handling inventory, with the aim of both minimizing inventory and more efficient dispatch of products. The solution offers:
- Connectivity: AcerBrag's employees can now access network resources in safe conditions from places that were not possible in the past. The reach and quality of the signal from the wireless access points provide better connections from longer distances.
- Security: Encryption standards and codes keep the same security in the wireless access points and in the fixed network of the company.
- Performance: The network has higher speed and reach than the previous network.
- Ease of use: Both implementation and maintenance are easier to maintain.
- This implementation was accomplished in three months, with involvement from staff in the areas of logistics, finances and operations.
- Tacco Calpini was the Cisco Select Certified Partner that implemented the solution. Together with the engineers Guido Gariup and Martín Marino, who performed a consulting role, the partner outlined the solution based on AcerBrag's needs, coordinated the implementation with other key actors like SAP, and verified its proper execution.
Marcelo Munoz, manager, Small and Medium Business , Cisco Argentina
"Our solutions are adapted to the customers' needs independent of the size of the business. In this case we collaborated with the development of a wireless network which provides flexibility to integrate and collaborate with the different departments of the company with the aim of optimizing Acerbrag's costs. The quality of the job, experience and efficiency of Tacco Calpini were key elements in the development of this implementation."
Guido Gariup, Tacco Calpini consultant
"It was an implementation using Cisco wireless indoor mesh technology. This was for me the key of the success, the most important thing. The customer, due to the limitation of wiring a plant of such magnitude, benefited from this technology with some access points communicating with others via wireless without the need to reach them with wired solutions."
AcerBrag is a company of the Grupo Votorantim, with more than 45 years of experience in Argentina, dedicated to the manufacture of high quality steel products, for both national and international markets. For more information please visit: http://www.acerbrag.com/index.asp
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in emerging markets is supplied by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- AcerBrag's main goal was to optimize costs to improve its position in the market in spite of strong competition. AcerBrag's competitive advantage is underpinned by the control and precision of handling inventory, with the aim of both minimizing inventory and more efficient dispatch of products. The solution offers: