Cisco Learning Labs Provide Hands-On Training for Cisco IOS Routing and Core Switching
Realistic Lab Experiences With Cisco IOS Software Improve Exam Readiness
SAN JOSE, Calif., April 12, 2011 To meet the demand for more flexible IT training options, Cisco today introduced Cisco® Learning Labs, virtual practice lab bundles for Cisco certification preparation. For the first time, learners studying for Cisco certification can secure hands-on Cisco IOS® Software lab practice for both routing and core switching.
According to a study conducted by Bowling Green University, hands-on training reduces overall training time by 72 percent compared with traditional training and improves problem-solving abilities by 130 percent. Unlike simulators, the Cisco IOS Software on Unix that powers Cisco Learning Labs offers learners actual equipment responses to configurations.
- Cisco Learning Labs are currently available for Cisco CCNA®, CCNP® and CCIP® study, through the Cisco Learning Network Store and Cisco Authorized Learning Partners.
- Accessible from the convenience of the user's PC, Cisco Learning Labs provide complete lab preparation experience for routing and switching skills.
- Multiple labs are available in each lab bundle, accessible anytime for 90 days, for up to 25 hours. Supplemental lab time is available in increments of five hours.
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager, Learning@Cisco, said:
- Will Bartee, Student, Cisco Networking Academy, said:
"As the network becomes an increasingly critical platform for organizations across the globe, Cisco is dedicated to constantly developing new and innovative ways to help students build skills that map to in-demand job roles that support this rapid growth. The best way for students to prepare for certification is with hands-on experience and training. The introduction of Cisco Learning Labs provides an unprecedented opportunity for students to build skills inside and outside of the classroom and improve exam readiness in a flexible and convenient environment."
"Cisco Learning Labs allow me to build real-world skills to prepare for CCNA certification, without the hassles and expense of renting or purchasing costly, bulky lab equipment. Furthermore, with Cisco Learning Labs, I can work at my own pace, through an easy-to-use interface, and secure additional practice time as needed."
Availability & Pricing:
- Cisco Learning Labs for CCNA ICND2, CCNP ROUTE, CCNP SWITCH, CCNP TSHOOT and CCIP MPLS are available now.
- The list price for Cisco Learning Labs: CCNP ROUTE, CCNP SWITCH, CCNP TSHOOT or CCIP MPLS Virtualized Lab Bundle is $75. Supplemental five-hour extension lab time is available for $30.
- The list price for Cisco Learning Labs: CCNA ICND2 Virtualized Lab Bundle is $50, with supplemental five-hour extension lab time available for $20.
- For more information on Cisco Learning Labs, visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/learninglabs
- YouTube: Cisco Learning Labs
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3443017
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cisco
Technorati Tags: Talent Development, CCNP Labs, CCNA Labs, CCIP Labs, Cisco Certified, Network, Certifications, IT Certifications, Cisco, Cisco Learning Network, Collaboration, Education, CCNA, CCNP, Learning@Cisco, Corporate Training, Cisco IOS, Cisco Learning Labs, Virtualized Labs, Hands-on Training
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/
About Cisco Systems
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco .com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Cara Ann Sloman Cisco Systems, Inc. 831 440-2411 firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Recent NewsCisco Completes Acquisition of Ubiquisys
Today, 05:00 AM
The Network Week in Review and Look Ahead: May 20-24
Goldman Sachs and Cisco to Host Conference Call on Cisco's Cloud Computing Strategy