Cisco to Resell Citrix XenDesktop to Deliver Virtual Workspaces Anywhere on Any Device
SAN JOSE, Calif. — February 13, 2012 — Cisco today announced that it will resell Citrix XenDesktop® as part of an integrated desktop virtualization solution based on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS). This integrated desktop virtualization solution simplifies the deployment of high-definition virtual desktops and applications to all users across the enterprise. The solution is one of the core modules of Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI) that delivers a complete virtual workspace by unifying virtual desktops, voice and video to enable exceptionally flexible, secure work environments and uncompromised user experience.
Key Facts / Highlights:
Cisco and Citrix help customers scale, secure and simplify virtual desktop deployments
- The Cisco UCS and Citrix XenDesktop solution helps desktop and data center IT managers accelerate desktop virtualization, while lowering costs with a simplified, secure, and scalable solution.
- The integrated solution includes customized kits for Citrix XenDesktop user scenarios substantially ease operations by accelerating deployment times. The Starter Kit allows customers to easily get started with the first 300 virtual desktops. An Expansion Kit allows customers to scale to thousands of additional desktops and users in a plug-and-play modular fashion.
- This new resale agreement builds on the October 2011 announcement where Cisco and Citrix outlined a comprehensive five-year strategic agreement to deliver rich-media enabled virtual desktops and applications.
- By the end of second quarter of 2012, distributors, channel partners, and customers will be able to purchase Cisco and Citrix integrated virtual desktop solutions directly from Cisco. In the meantime, the integrated solution can be purchased from Cisco and Citrix channel partners.
- Citrix XenDesktop® is a comprehensive desktop virtualization solution that can deliver Windows applications and Windows desktops as an on-demand service to over 1.5 billion devices, including tablets, Smartphones, Macs, and Android devices. The solution enables customers to rapidly adapt to business change by providing centralized delivery of desktops, applications and data with easier management and enhanced security.
- Cisco VXI builds on Cisco's network-based architectures from Collaboration to Borderless Networks to the Unified Data Center, combined with services and support to deliver a comprehensive virtual workspace solution that simplifies deployment, reduces overall costs and minimizes implementation risk.
- As part of Cisco VXI, Citrix HDX™ is supported in Cisco Wide Area Application Services™ (WAAS) WAN optimization solutions as well as Cisco VXC thin client devices. Together with Citrix XenDesktop, Cisco VXI delivers a cost-effective, scalable and high-performance solution for hosting, securing and optimizing the delivery of virtual desktops and applications to any device, anywhere.
- Through this resale agreement, customers can take advantage of Cisco Capital financing offerings when purchasing the integrated Cisco and Citrix desktop virtualization solution which can reduce capital expenditures and spread out the cost.
Phil Sherburne, vice president of Enterprise Systems and Architectures for Cisco
"Building on our successful strategic alliance with Citrix, the combined solution will dramatically simplify the deployment of industry leading virtualized desktop environments that are both affordable and secure."
John Fanelli, vice president of product marketing, Enterprise Desktops and Applications at Citrix
"The new resale agreement between Cisco and Citrix is yet another step in our ongoing 5-year strategic agreement. The pre-architected and optimized joint solution is speeding the enterprise adoption of desktop virtualization. The Cisco UCS with Citrix XenDesktop provides customers with a simplified, scalable industry leading solution that can deliver desktops, applications and data as an on-demand service to billions of devices."
- Learn more about Cisco and Citrix solutions, www.cisco.com/go/citrix.
- For more information about Cisco VXI and UCS, by visiting www.cisco.com/go/vxi and www.cisco.com/go/getucs
- Cisco Validated Designs
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com .
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, Cisco Unified Computing System are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Citrix®, XenDesktop® and HDX™ are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Most Recent NewsConnected Cars Get a Test Drive
By Steve Wildstrom 6/17/2013
Cisco Opens Innovation Center in Collaboration with Pelephone to Boost Mobile Internet Capacity
The Network Week in Review and Look Ahead: June 10-14