Cisco and Red Bee Media Align to Bring Advanced Online Video Services to Media Companies
Leading Technology and Media Companies Collaborate to Help Connect Viewers to Digital Content on Any Screen
SAN JOSE, Calif. – June 16, 2011 – Ciscoand Red Bee Media, an international media management company, announced today they are collaborating to offer broadcasters and media companies the means to deliver TV and other forms of digital media content online through streaming video players and video-on-demand (VoD) portals.
The online video market has become a key component of broadcasters' channel mix, and is a primary distribution point for media companies and content owners. "First generation" streaming video solutions met the needs of the early market, but consumers now expect expanded choices with greater availability. Cisco and Red Bee Media's partnership will deliver on the demand for new and improved services that bring together media expertise with video leadership.
- Cisco and Red Bee Media are collaborating to create ‘RedPlayer™' -- a scalable solution for the media sector, geared towards customers with specific requirements for scale of content, monetization, security, encryption, high quality, and availability across multiple devices.
- Customers using RedPlayer™ will be able to offer consumers more choice, expanded access and greater flexibility with where and how they access and view content.
- The RedPlayer™ service offering combines Red Bee Media's creative, digital content and media management services with key elements of the Cisco Videoscape™ platform, creating a one-stop shop for content owners to build and expand highly secure, ‘Media Grade' video offerings.
- The new RedPlayer™ services portfolio will include the Cisco Videoscape Media Suite -- the industry's first enterprise-class software platform for powering multi-content digital media services, and the Videoscape™ Soft Client (video streaming and download players for the PC/Mac), that provides management, display, and playback features for digital media content.
- RedPlayer™ incorporates Red Bee Media's proven track record in delivering media grade managed services for the media sector on a global scale -- ranging from media management and multi-platform content preparation -- to creative services for enhancing the consumer experience through innovative user interface (UI) designs, digital rights management (DRM) and content protection services.
- The Cisco Videoscape Media Suite products include: Content Management System (CMS), Entitlement (provides tools for configuring and enforcing content access rules), Publisher (to produce comprehensive, multilevel content feeds and playlists).
- The Videoscape Soft Clients provide a premium TV and digital media experience to PCs and Macs so consumers can stream or download TV and other digital media programs -- and manage complex media bundles. They are enabled through the Videoscape cloud platform, and include a world class reference user interface (UI/UX) with consistent visual themes, tailored to each device.
The RedPlayer™ Service Portfolio includes the following:
- Media Management Services
- Content Management Services
- Content Protection Services
- Content Publication Service
- Creative Services
- Monitization Services
- Client Technologies
- Enrique Rodriguez, Senior Vice President/General Manager, Cisco Service Provider Video Technology Group
"Online video has become a critical play for our broadcast and media customers, and we are excited to partner with Red Bee Media to bring our multi-platform online video player service portfolio to market. Through Cisco Videoscape, weare uniquely positioned to offer content providers the necessary components for an end-to-end managed service that includes all forms of content management, syndication and publication."
- Bill Patrizio, CEO, Red Bee Media
"Red Bee Mediais focused on meeting sophisticated media grade requirements for on-demand content clients who want their digital content available on multiple screens. Working together with Cisco to marry our skill sets is a natural evolution of our business, and gives us the opportunity to deliver multi-platform online video services with unmatched quality of service and reliability."
- Red Bee Media: http://www.redbeemedia.com
- For full details on Cisco Videoscape, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/possible
- Cisco Service Provider blog: SP360: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Follow Cisco Service Provider Video news and activities on Twitter: #CiscoSPVideo
Cisco, content management services, Internet video, IP, IP video, Media Grade, media sector, media management, network, online video, online video player, OVP, streaming video, video on demand, VoD, online video, video, Videoscape, Videoscape Media Suite, Red Bee Media, RedPlayer™, Enrique Rodriguez, Bill Patrizio
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information on Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.