YES Teams with Cisco to Enhance Its TV Services
Leading Israeli Satellite Television Provider Looks to Cisco for Video Innovation with Videoscape
CES, Las Vegas and Netanya, Israel. – January 10, 2012 – Cisco announced today that YES, Israel's leading provider of multichannel television via satellite, selected Cisco as its innovation partner to help architect new next-generation video experiences, matching the vision and strategy of Cisco Videoscape™.
- Working closely with Cisco, YES is taking another step toward expanding its services by strengthening its video infrastructure to include cloud technology, network hardware and software that will enable new video experiences for its 600,000 customers.
- Videoscape is a comprehensive TV platform for service providers that brings together digital TV and online video content with social media and communications applications.
- Itzhak Elyakim, vice president of engineering and CTO, YES
"In this highly-competitive marketplace, the key to staying ahead is continuing to stay relevant through innovation and making wise technology decisions. Our partnership with Cisco is testament to our commitment to lead the video market with next-generation TV experiences for consumers."
- Jordi Botifoll, senior vice president, Cisco EMEAR, South Theatre
"This is a unique collaboration of two innovative companies: Yes and Cisco. We look forward to working with YES to both advance its video network with new IP technology today, and help it utilize its existing video infrastructure investments for years to come in Israel."
- Edwin Paalvast, vice president, Service Provider Group, Cisco EMEA
"YES shares Cisco's Videoscape vision for the future of television, to offer consumers an immersive video entertainment experience. Yes has demonstrated its ability to become a leader in this field and a transformer for its consumers."
- About YES: http://www.yes.co.il/YesAbout_English.aspx
- About Videoscape: http://www.cisco.com/go/videoscape
- CES Videoscape news release: Cisco Advances Its Videoscape TV Platform with ‘Video in the Cloud'
- Cisco Service Provider blog: SP360: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Follow Cisco CES news and activities on Twitter: #Videoscape
Cisco, cloud, Edwin Paalvast, Jordi Botifoll, IP, IP video, network, online video, streaming video, video, Videoscape, Israel, Itzhak Elyakim, YES, service provider, Service Provider Group, satellite television, video innovation
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.