Fibrenoire Deploys Cisco End-to-End Carrier Ethernet Infrastructure
Cisco ASR 9000 forms foundation of next-generation network
MONTREAL, Canada – December 15, 2011 – Fibrenoire, a service provider offering Internet and private network services over an optical fiber network in Quebec and Ontario, today announced it has completed implementation of an end-to-end Cisco® Carrier Ethernet System covering the Quebec City, Montreal and Toronto regions.
Cisco's Carrier Ethernet System transforms the way service providers operate by providing a massive scale, end-to-end packet optical architecture and flexible 1G to 10G service delivery. The Cisco Carrier Ethernet System is also pre-tested to minimize the time and technical resources required to test and validate network performance. This result is an end-to-end Metro Ethernet Forum-certified system allowing Fibrenoire to offer state-of-the-art services.
- Fibrenoire chose the Cisco Internet Protocol Next-Generation Network (IP NGN) architecture to deliver services because it is purpose-build for next-generation Internet and IP/MPLS services. The Cisco Carrier Ethernet System allows for a consistent end-to-end delivery of services, while being fully interoperable and aligned with Fibrenoire's architecture.
- Fibrenoire's network is based on Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers, enabling high-performance and best-in-class quality of service and capabilities for Fibrenoire's customers. The Cisco ASR 9000 Series is purpose-built for next-generation Internet scale to 100GE and will allow Fibrenoire to deliver innovative IP-based services.
- Fibrenoire was the first in Canada to receive the Cisco ME 3600X Series Ethernet Access Switches. The ME 3600X Series extends 10G MPLS services to the edge of the network, while allowing an exclusive MPLS VPN differentiated service. It is also built to scale for growth and development of new, innovative services.
- Cisco's Technical Assistant Center (TAC) services are a major component of the comprehensive service quality offered by Fibrenoire. Aggressive Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to Fibrenoire's customers are possible because of the proven response time from Cisco TAC.
Jean-François Lévesque, owner and CTO, Fibrenoire
"Cisco is committed to Fibrenoire's success. The Cisco team is always available to listen and explore our current and future needs. For Fibrenoire, having Cisco's commitment and being able to talk directly to product experts is critical."
Mark Kummer, vice president, Service Provider Operations, Cisco Canada
"Fibrenoire has made a significant investment in future-proofing its network for growing customer needs. Cisco is delighted to collaborate with Fibrenoire and help it manage the surge in bandwidth demands on its next-generation network."
- Cisco Next-Generation Network (NGN)
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series
- Cisco ME 3600X Series Ethernet Access Switches
- Keep up with Cisco news by visiting the company's Platform Blog and Cisco Canada Blog
- For more information about Cisco's service provider news and activities visit SP360 or Twitter @CiscoSP360 and @CiscoSPG.
- Subscribe to Cisco's SP360 Feed.
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Cisco products and services are supplied in Canada by Cisco Systems Canada Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com and http://newsroom.cisco.com/canada.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.