Cisco Extends Communications Capacity of Sberbank's 'Branch of the Future'
Innovative Branch Significantly Increases the Level of Banking Services With Cisco Solutions
MOSCOW Feb. 02, 2011 Cisco announced that a number of its advanced networking and communications solutions have been installed at the first Moscow "Branch of the Future" in Sberbank, the biggest bank in Russia and CIS. The Cisco products are designed to improve customer service, enhance communication and collaboration among employees, and advance the operation of the local network. CROC, a leading Russian company providing system integration services and a Cisco Gold Certified Partner, undertook to implement technical aspects of the Branch of the Future.
Key Facts / Highlights
- Cisco solutions have significantly extended the communications capacities of the employees of, and visitors to, the Branch of the Future, and those solutions have become the basis for a brand-new business plan that facilitates time savings.
- The deployment of Cisco TelePresence technology aims to facilitate interactive communication between Branch of the Future clients and Sberbank experts. A Cisco TelePresence System 1000 unit is located inside the Branch of the Future, and two Cisco TelePresence System 500 rooms are located at the experts' workplaces in the trading centers and lending divisions in other Sberbank offices. Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Switch software is installed on a Cisco Unified Communications system to enable multipoint video collaboration between several participants. As a result, the Branch of the Future will enable Sberbank customers to communicate with these specialists regardless of their location.
- A corporate broadcasting system is used at the Branch of the Future to disseminate information. By means of Cisco Digital Media Players, video clips from Sberbank are displayed on plasma screens in the office. Video data is transferred to the central server beforehand, and playback can be modified interactively according to the user's preference. A visitor who wants to know more about products or new offers from the bank can use the functions of an interactive multimedia kiosk that is connected to a Cisco Unified Communications system by means of Cisco WebDialer software.
- The bank's communications system is based on the Cisco Unified Communications platform, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager is integrated with Sberbank's corporate network. The solution enables employees to make calls as well as communicate by video in all the branches by means of all the communications channels.
- The Branch of the Future also provides its users with wireless access to the Internet, including access to the Sberbank OnLine Internet banking platform.
Russia, Cisco, Cisco TelePresence System, Cisco Digital Media Player, Cisco WebDialer, Cisco Unified Communications Manager
RSS Feed for Cisco:
About Sberbank of Russia
Founded in 1841, today Sberbank is a modern full-service bank that meets the requirements of various client groups concerning a wide variety of banking services. Sberbank has the largest deposit market share and it is the major creditor of the Russian economy. As of June 1, 2009, the share of Sberbank in the retail deposit market equals 50.5%, and its loan portfolio equals 30% of all the loans accommodated in the Russian Federation. At present, Sberbank of Russia is the biggest bank in Russia and CIS countries. Its assets amount to a quarter of the total number of the country's assets, and its banking capital share equals 30%. According to The Banker magazine (as of July 1, 2009), Sberbank ranks No. 38 in the amount of the capital assets (first level) among the biggest banks of the world.
CROC (www.croc.ru) is the leader in Russia in terms of IT infrastructures and it ranks No. 1 in Russia in system integration services (IDC reports for 2002-2009). CROC is among five biggest companies in the market of information and communications technologies (RA Expert) and it is also one of top 200 of the biggest private companies in Russia (Forbеs).
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), id the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Russia is supplied through its authorized channel partners by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Most Recent NewsHow The Internet Is Preserving Korea's Cultural Heritage
By Amy Cortese 5/21/2013
Why Power Companies are Delving into Data
By Jason Deign 5/20/2013
Senior Executives Say Cloud-Based Collaboration Leads to Higher Business Performance