du Signs Three-year Support and Optimisation Agreement With Cisco
Network Infrastructure Support Financed Through Cisco Capital
United Arab Emirates, DUBAI, 1st AUGUST 2011: Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company PJSC ("du") today signed a three-year contract with Cisco for network support and optimisation services, to support existing and future network infrastructure growth.
- The contract has been financed through attractive finance terms arranged by Cisco Capital® (Dubai) Limited and provides du with a predictable and optimised Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over three years.
- The three-year agreement provides du with Cisco® SMARTnet® for rapid issue resolution and premium service options to help the service provider maximise operational efficiency. Additionally, Cisco will provide comprehensive network and voice infrastructure optimisation services as well as on-site focused technical support services.
- A key part of Cisco's total solution, Cisco Capital,is a key enabler uniquely positioned to arrange competitive and flexible financing for Cisco products and services.
Hatem Bamatraf, senior vice president of Network Development, du:
"We continue to strive to provide our customers with the best possible service, by constantly improving our network infrastructure. This agreement in collaboration with Cisco will ensure that we are able to further optimise our market offering, and deliver the uninterrupted and quality services our customers have come to expect. The strategic finance arrangements further reinforce the strength of our financial and operating position."
Nadim Khoury, director, Cisco Services, UAE:
"This agreement is a significant milestone in Cisco's collaboration with du, demonstrating our strong business relationship and bringing to bear financial strength with critical service capabilities; moving beyond just being an end-to end network solutions technology provider. This is becoming increasingly important for our customers where we are witnessing major developments in the information, communications and technology space that require higher levels of service and assurance coupled with innovative financial consumption models."
Links / URLs:
- For details about Cisco Capital Finance visit:
- Emerging Markets RSS Feed:
- News@Cisco in Middle East: http://www.cisco.com/web/ME/about/news/index.html
- RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
du,a leading integrated telecommunications service provider in the UAE, launched mobile telecommunication services in February 2007 across the UAE, in addition to internet and pay TV services that du provides in some of the free zones of Dubai. Call Select, du's nationwide fixed line services for voice telephony, was launched in July 2007. By the end of Q1 2011, du had approximately 4.6 million mobile customers.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
About Cisco Capital (Dubai) Limited
Cisco Capital (Dubai) Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems Netherlands Holding B.V specializing in arranging credit and advising on financial products or credit for Cisco solutions.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
This website can be accessed worldwide, however the information on the website is related to Cisco or Cisco Capital and not specific to Cisco Capital (Dubai) Limited, which is an entity regulated by the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA). Related financial products or services are only available to Professional Clients.