Cisco Updates CCIE Routing and Switching Certification and Provides Expert-Level Training to Meet Changing Industry Job Roles and Business Requirement
Industry Leading Cisco Certification Aligns With Evolving Role of Network Engineer; Expert-level Training Integrates Virtual Lab Delivery Rack Rental for Hands-on Training
SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 4, 2013 – Cisco today announced a major revision of the CCIE® Routing and Switching (R&S) Certification and expert-level training to meet the increasing challenges of enterprise networks evolving in size, scope and complexity. As the network carries more essential services, networking experts are expected to anticipate, diagnose and resolve complex network issues accurately and quickly. The increasing importance of the network to drive significant productivity and cost benefits to organizations as well as the role of the network in transforming businesses have driven worldwide demand for skilled IT staff.
CCIE R&S Certification:
- Expert-level certification showcases an individual’s commitment to stand out in the job market and validates skills for employers. CCIE skills create a foundation for higher compensation and better professional opportunities. According to the Global Knowledge 2013 Salary Survey, the average salary of a CCIE R&S Certification holder is $125,800.
- CCIE R&S v5.0 was designed with input from Cisco enterprise customers around the globe covering the expert-level skills needed to speed time-to-value for network investments and maximize network productivity.
- Revised exams will include key technology areas including Dual-stack IPv4/IPv6 implementation, VPN technologies such as MPLS VPN and DMVPN and scenario-based troubleshooting of network faults.
- Support for IPv6 implementation prepares businesses for evolving technology trends including Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and the Internet of Everything (IoE).
- The introduction of a new exam section assessing diagnostic skills will improve the certification’s validity and relevancy.
Cisco Expert-Level Training for CCIE:
- Revised expert-level training from Cisco covers the new certification standards and is offered by Cisco authorized learning partners. Candidates can register for the new v5.0 classes immediately.
- Training materials include state-of-the-art workbook labs with integrated virtual rack rental for hands-on training, full-scale graded assessment labs that simulate the CCIE Lab Exam and provide mentor feedback, and new videos on demand with technology labs covering v5.0 blueprint topics. Virtual rack rentals eliminate the need to invest in hardware equipment and provide familiarity with the lab exam environment, allowing candidates to address the CCIE Lab Exam efficiently.
- All current students subscribing to v4.0 training will have access to equivalent v5.0 content, and their subscription period will be extended by six months.
- Jeanne Beliveau Dunn, vice president and general manager, Learning@Cisco, said: “As the network evolves to support technological advances such as the Internet of Everything and employee mobility, there is a significant demand for expert-level engineers with proven skills to support forward-looking trends. The enhanced CCIE Routing and Switching Exams, along with expert-level training for CCIE, provide sophisticated education and requisite certification to support tomorrow’s advanced networks. These new standards reflect both the evolution of job skills that employers are looking for at the expert level and the evolution of related technologies that are relevant to today’s enterprise network environments. Network engineers who use the expert-level training will be equipped with the knowledge and validated skills required to accelerate expert-level competency in the field.”
- The new exams will be available June 4, 2014. Students can register for the exams through Pearson VUE, the primary test delivery partner for Cisco.
- Training courses are offered by Cisco® Learning Partners, the only authorized source for Cisco IT training delivered exclusively by Certified Cisco Instructors. Registration for training is available now via Learning Partners for classes beginning in January 2014.
- Find out more about the updated CCIE R&S Certification program and training products today at: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-22703.
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3443017
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cisco
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.