Cisco Reaches over 100 Million Digital TV Homes and 340 Million Viewers in Asia Pacific
SINGAPORE – October 17, 2013 – In the rapidly-growing digital television (TV) industry in Asia Pacific, Cisco is the leading provider of conditional access (CA) and digital rights management (DRM) solutions, securing content that is delivered to more than 100 million digital homes in the region. This important milestone reinforces the company's leadership in the digital TV industry in Asia Pacific.
Using an industry-estimated average of 3.3 people per household, Cisco's market-leading VideoGuard conditional access and digital rights management technology is now providing the critical protection of premium content to over 340 million viewers.
Cisco is in prime position to address the changing needs of operators now and into the future with a Research and Development (R&D) center in Bangalore, India that is dedicated to the development of video technology. With its continued commitment to research and innovation, the company currently enjoys the largest market share of the estimated 257 million digital TV homes in Asia Pacific (Source: MPA Report, May 2013).
- Cisco® VideoGuard conditional access and digital rights management solutions make Cisco the leading CA provider in Asia Pacific with a market share of 31% (Source: Screen Digest Report 2013 and Cisco's internal subscriber data).
- Cisco is a trusted pay-TV technology partner for over 150 Pay-TV operators as well as media and entertainment companies worldwide, including leading Direct-to-home (DTH) and cable operator customers in Asia Pacific like Airtel Digital TV, Astro, DEN, Foxtel, Hathway, Oriental Cable Network, Sichuan Cable TV and Tata Sky.
- Cisco recently announced the key milestone of over 30 million digital TV homes in India with an estimated 150 million viewers.
- Cisco is committed to delivering world-leading, affordable and innovative solutions and services to help its satellite and cable customers to differentiate their services in their respective markets in Asia.
- Sue Taylor, Vice President Sales, Asia Pacific, Service Provider Video Software Solutions
"Achieving the milestone of over 100 million digital homes in this region is a testament to our commitment to Asia Pacific over the last 20 years, and our partnerships with some of the most successful cable TV and DTH satellite platforms in the region. This industry in Asia Pacific is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic in the world. We look forward to serving millions more households that can benefit from Cisco's enhanced TV-viewing experiences, as the demand for advanced services and applications surges."
Cisco, pay-TV, digitisation, DAS, milestone, cable TV, satellite
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.