CargoSmart Powers Its Reliable Network Infrastructure With Cisco Technologies
Cisco Deployment Enables CargoSmart to Deliver Its Services With Nearly 100% Up-time Availability
Chinese Version (PDF)
HONG KONG - June 4, 2010 - Cisco and CargoSmart Limited, a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) global shipping and logistics solutions provider, today announced that CargoSmart is powering its highly reliable and scalable core network infrastructure with the deployment of a Cisco® Catalyst® 6500 Series Switch.
Today's highly competitive economic environment and new international trade regulations have increased importers' and exporters' demand for supply chain visibility and collaboration solutions to minimize costs, comply with regulations, and keep cargo moving throughout the supply chain. More than 17,000 shippers, consignees, logistics service providers, and non-vessel operating common carriers (NVOCCs) worldwide rely on CargoSmart solutions to streamline their operations, improve their visibility, and extend the services that they provide their customers.
CargoSmart trusts Cisco's technology to power its critical network infrastructure and ensure its SaaS solutions are accessible and reliable for its customers. In this dynamic market, shipping companies particularly in Hong Kong and China, are seeking advanced and stable solutions to transform their businesses, help them lower transportation management costs, and reduce the risk of late or mismanaged shipments.
- Orient Star Group, a leading logistics service provider and NVOCC, selected CargoSmart Private Label Sailing Schedule to better manage frequently changing ocean carriers' schedules and differentiate itself in the growing China logistics service provider market. The highly reliable, automated solution is integrated with Orient Star Group's website and enables the company to offer its customers up-to-date and interactive sailing schedules as part of its e-logistics suite of online services. The automated schedules have enhanced the company's services and operational efficiency, saving one day per month updating schedules for customers.
- Shenzhen Shining Ocean International Logistics Co., Ltd, a China-based logistics service provider and NVOCC, adopted CargoSmart's trade compliance solution to help its clients comply with U.S. Customs and Border Protection's Importer Security Filing regulation. In effect since January 26, 2009, the regulation requires U.S. importers to file multiple data elements at least 24 hours prior to vessel loading at a foreign port. Failure to submit timely and accurate information can result in penalties and cargo delays.
- Shenzhen Shining Ocean depends on CargoSmart's highly secure and stable system to collect all essential shipment data from different parties and to electronically submit its clients' required filings on a timely basis. CargoSmart's solution saves the company from having to outsource its Importer Security Filing service to agents and helps it achieve significant savings in filing service fees. The solution helps enable Shenzhen Shining Ocean to provide a reliable, time-sensitive service to its customers.
- Supported by the robust and scalable Cisco network infrastructure, CargoSmart offers a wide range of highly reliable, highly secure solutions with minimum failure in its data center network architecture, enabling its customers to manage their shipments anytime, anywhere online, offline, or by data transfer to their internal systems through direct integration.
- CargoSmart's solutions include supply chain visibility, shipment execution, collaboration, compliance and private label solutions, which allow customers such as shippers, consignees, and logistics service providers to plan, process, and monitor the critical path of shipments and communicate in-depth, timely information to key parties in the supply chain.
- CargoSmart's solutions help customers reduce their operating costs and risk in managing shipments, as well as boost their business performance by delivering more real-time and customized logistics services.
- CargoSmart relies on Cisco's pervasive network infrastructure to deliver comprehensive global shipping and logistics management solutions. Building on the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches with switching capability of up to 720 gigabits per second and 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, CargoSmart enjoys the compelling performance of transmitting massive amounts of information critical to its daily operations to and from the network data center, with maximum scalability and ease of management. CargoSmart also uses Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series Switches and multiple Cisco routers to power its network. Cisco's solutions provide CargoSmart with reliable hardware quality, cost efficiency, advanced and highly secure networking technology, and globally available support and knowledge that allow CargoSmart to continuously send data to and receive data from its customers.
- Richard Chu, sales and marketing director, Orient Star Group
- Jenny Zhang, operation manager assistant, Shenzhen Shining Ocean International Logistics Co., Ltd
- Herman Wan, manager, product marketing, design & management, CargoSmart Limited
- Barbara Chiu, general manager, Cisco Hong Kong and Macau
"CargoSmart Private Label Sailing Schedule enables us to offer easy-to-use, up-to-date and interactive operational sailing schedules tailored for individual customers with minimum in-house effort. We selected CargoSmart not only because it offers the most comprehensive solution and supports multiple languages, including Japanese, but also because of its excellent reliability and 24x7 service and support."
"We highly appreciate CargoSmart's professional and responsive customer service. It always provides accurate and detailed feedback to meet our needs. With its Importer Security Filing solution, we can now effectively collect the required data elements from all parties and comply with the latest international trade security filing procedures. CargoSmart's solutions enable us to focus on providing the most accurate, timely and reliable shipment services to our customers."
"Through our online application and integration services, CargoSmart enables customers to manage their cargo throughout the shipment cycle and communicate timely and in-depth information to key supply chain associates, ensuring that their cargo can be delivered on time. Cisco delivers the highly scalable and reliable network infrastructure that provides us with the business continuity, hardware resilience, and responsive services that are critical to serving our customers. We look forward to further collaborating with Cisco and continuing to develop new products to help our customers keep their shipping and logistics management costs low and improve their operations."
"We are excited to work with visionary industry leaders like CargoSmart, which offers a comprehensive range of solutions that enable increased visibility and enhanced collaboration among logistics service providers with our world-class networking technology support. As IT becomes an integral part of logistics services to address customers' increasing demand for efficiency and cost-effectiveness, our technology and service model will not only lay the foundation for their business transformation, but also underscore our commitment to helping Hong Kong further develop as a regional logistics hub."
- To learn more about CargoSmart
- To learn more about CargoSmart Private Label Sailing Schedule Solution
- To learn more about CargoSmart's Importer Security Filing (ISF) Solution
- To learn more about CargoSmart comprehensive solutions
- To learn more about Cisco
- To read more on Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches
- Cisco news in Asia-Pacific: http://newsroom.cisco.com/apac
Tags / Keywords:
CargoSmart, Cisco, Catalyst, Switches, Logistics, Service-as-a-Service, SaaS, Trade Compliance, 10+2, importer security filing, ISF, Logistics Software, Supply Chain Software, Compliance Solutions, Sailing Schedule, Supply Chain Software
CargoSmart Limited (www.cargosmart.com) is a Software as a Service (SaaS) global shipping and logistics solutions provider, with advanced visibility and exception management, that enables shippers, consignees, and logistics service providers to keep cargo moving and delivered on time. Through online tools and integration services, CargoSmart enables customers to plan, process, and monitor the critical path of multiple-carrier shipments and communicate in-depth, timely information to key supply chain associates. CargoSmart launched its services in October 2000, and has helped over 17,000 customers lower transportation management costs, streamline operations, and reduce the risk of late shipments.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Hong Kong and Macau is supplied by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems and Catalyst are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.