Cisco TelePresence Launched in Vietnam
Virtual Meetings Transform the Way People and Companies Connect, Communicate and Collaborate
HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam - Dec. 14, 2010 - Cisco today opened Cisco TelePresence® rooms in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, the first such rooms at Cisco offices in Vietnam. The highly immersive collaboration solution combines life-size, ultra-high-definition video, spatial audio, a specially designed environment, and interactive elements to create the feeling of being in a face-to-face meeting with participants in remote locations.
- Cisco TelePresence technology powers a new way of working, where everyone, everywhere, can be more productive through virtual meetings that take place in multiple offices around the region at the same time.
- By building the global video community, companies can do more with less, transform their organizations, improve their competitive advantage, and be greener. Reducing the need for travel can help boost an organization's environmental sustainability efforts: Less travel means a smaller carbon footprint. Reducing travel also gives employees more valuable time, improving their quality of life.
- There are currently 952 Cisco TelePresence rooms installed at Cisco offices across 249 major cities and 66 countries.
- Video and social media are changing the way we communicate and interact. Video stimulates more effective relationships and enhanced engagement. Cisco TelePresence technology enables new ways of working that lead to faster and better decision making, unifying team members and resulting in a dynamic networked organization where expertise is available anytime, anywhere.
- The Cisco TelePresence System includes a boardroom-style table around three 65-inch plasma screens which seats six participants on each side, as well as a single-panel plasma screen system, which offers the same experience, but with a smaller footprint. These high-definition screens enable participants to see life-size images of each other, including facial expressions, making it look as if they are seated across a table.
- This gives individuals the flexibility to join large, multilocation group meetings, or host intimate, remote one-on-one meetings from the personal office.
- The Cisco TelePresence Manager software integrates with enterprise groupware and with Cisco® Unified Communications Manager, so scheduling is as easy as sending a Microsoft Outlook calendar invitation. Calls are started with the touch of a button.
- Since the launch of Cisco TelePresence, Cisco has scheduled 800,931 meetings using this technology, which has saved more than $737 million in travel costs. In addition, the environment has benefited from the reduction of more than 397,788 metric tons of carbon emissions from forgone air and ground travel.
- With the support of Cisco Capital with their flexible financing solutions, these Cisco TelePresence rooms will showcase collaboration technologies to businesses in Vietnam, and customers are invited to discover this firsthand by having a complimentary Meeting on Us. For more information, visit: http://www.ciscomeetingonus.com/
According to the annual Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Forecast, 2009-2014:
- Global Internet traffic will increase more than fourfold to 767 exabytes, or more than three-quarters of a zettabyte, by 2014.
- This increase is equivalent to 10 times all the traffic traversing Internet Protocol networks in 2008.
- By 2014, the sum of all forms of video (television, video on demand, Internet video and peer-to-peer) will continue to exceed 91 percent of global consumer traffic.
- Global Internet video traffic will surpass global peer-to-peer traffic by the end of 2010. For the first time since 2000, peer-to-peer traffic will not be the largest Internet traffic type.
- The global online video community will include more than 1 billion users by the end of 2010.
- By 2014, it would take more than two years to watch the amount of video that will cross global IP networks every second; to watch all the video crossing the network that year would take 72 million years.
"Today you face greater business demands and a more competitive marketplace. You must continually find new ways to be agile and increase speed to market while reducing costs. In this global economy that we participate in, we need to be able to connect with colleagues, partners and vendors across geographies and time zones. Cisco TelePresence technology will reinvent the way we work. It will enable us to travel less, which will allow for greater productivity and a smaller environmental footprint. This innovative, real-time, real-life solution will allow companies to utilize the network as a platform for resource scalability and accelerated decision making."
- Lee Chiang Toh, country manager for Cisco in Vietnam
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco products are supplied in Vietnam by Cisco Systems International, BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo and Cisco TelePresence are registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. in the United States and certain other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
- Supriya Addanki Cisco Systems, Inc. +65 6317 7145 email@example.com
Most Recent NewsSenators unveil Canadian Tire Centre Vision, a 700-screen high-definition experience, at Canadian Tire Centre
Cisco to Support IT Development in Kaliningrad Region of Russian Federation
The Network Week in Review and Look Ahead: December 2-6