Etisalat collaborates with Tata Communications and Cisco to Launch UAE's First Public TelePresence Room at the Dubai World Trade Center (DWTC)
Available on a pay-as-you-use basis, the new TelePresence room will offer High-Definition Virtual Conferencing across 23 International Public TelePresence Rooms, Enabling Higher Flexibility, Productivity and Increased Reach to Businesses at Reduced Costs
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, 20 Dec. 2010: In line with its vision of increasing the reach of its customers, Etisalat recently launched UAE's first Public TelePresence room in collaboration with Tata Communications and Cisco.
Centrally located at the Dubai World Trade center (DWTC), opposite Hall number 3, the Etisalat Public TelePresence room will provide high definition virtual conferencing capabilities to businesses across a robust global video network. The network includes a unique network of 23 Public TelePresence rooms, deployed by Tata Communications, in prime business capitals of the world, such as New York, London, Mumbai and Shanghai.
Highlights / Key Facts:
- Etisalat has developed an interactive, 24x7 online booking system that will enable businesses to book the Public TelePresence room for their meetings in advance. With an unmatched flexibility of connecting with up to six participants on either side of a call, and calls possible to multiple TelePresence centres worldwide, powered by Tata Communications network, the Public TelePresence room will offer an affordable and efficient alternative to attendees traveling for global meetings.
- The Public TelePresence room is built on Cisco's advanced Public TelePresence infrastructure that enables groups to meet and collaborate in multiple locations worldwide in real time. By combining high-definition video, real time audio and interior design for Virtual Meetings business executives feel as if they are actually gathered together in the same room across a virtual table, even if they are thousands of miles apart.
- Apart from providing an agile connectivity option to traveling business executives, the TelePresence room will also enable enterprises in the UAE to access the TelePresence communications, on a pay-as-use basis, eliminating the need for them to up their own facilities, thus reducing infrastructure set-up costs.
- The Public TelePresence room will offer international connectivity to 23 locations, through Tata Communication's existing network of Cisco TelePresence rooms.
- Tata Communications now operates rooms in USA, Canada, the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Kuwait, South Africa, India, The Philippines, Singapore and Australia.
- Abdulla Hashim. senior vice president, Business Solutions at Etisalat
- Wayne Hull, director and general manager, Cisco, UAE
- Radwan Moussalli, managing director, Middle East and North Africa, Tata Communications
"Etisalat is delighted to launch UAE's first Public TelePresence room in collaboration with industry leaders such as Cisco and Tata Communications. This deployment underscores our commitment to bring leading technologies to the UAE and offering enhanced value through innovative services to our business customers. Public TelePresence is a transformational tool that has changed the way business meetings are conducted globally, especially in an era where physical realities are paving way for virtual readiness and businesses are trying to extend their reach while aiming to reduce operational costs."
"The potential of video to change the way we do business is significant. Our collaboration with Etisalat, Dubai World Trade Center, and Tata Communications to launch the first public TelePresence solution in the UAE unleashes the potential of video and marks yet another major landmark for Cisco in the UAE and Etisalat.
Public TelePresence rooms provide global organisations with a cost effective way to connect in virtual 'in person' meetings with key customers, partners and suppliers around the globe. The TelePresence solution is innovative, yet reliable and cost effective for businesses whatever their size. We look forward to roll out this solution in many more locations throughout the UAE."
"As the first public Telepresence room in the UAE, this launch marks another milestone for Tata Communications in the Middle East. With this new facility, executives in UAE. will be able to easily collaborate with colleagues, partners and customers around the globe. As part of our extensive business ecosystem, the Dubai room will connect to public and private rooms throughout our network and partner networks, spanning 23 locations across 5 continents, making the Dubai Telepresence room a truly global collaboration tool."
- For further details please visit: www.etisalat.ae/publictelepresence
- For details about public Cisco TelePresence visit: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns669/public_telepresence.html
- RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
- Emerging Markets RSS Feed:
- Middle East News:
- For more information on Cisco public safety solutions
Etisalat is one of the largest telecommunications groups in the world and the leading operator in the Arab world headquartered in the UAE. Etisalat operates in 18 countries across Asia, the Middle East and Africa, servicing over 100m customers out of a total population that exceeds 1.9bn people. In 2009, Etisalat reported annual Net Revenues of AED 30.831billion and Net Profits of AED 8.836 billion marking a 5% and 16% increase respectively, compared to 2008. Etisalat is rated by Moody's: Aa3, Standard & Poor's: AA- and Fitch Ratings: A+. Etisalat is a major investor in Thuraya, one of the world's leading satellite geo-mobile communication systems covering approximately two thirds of the planet's surface.
About Tata Communications
Tata Communications is a leading global provider of a new world of communications. With a leadership position in emerging markets, Tata Communications leverages its advanced solutions capabilities and domain expertise across its global and pan-India network to deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises, service providers and Indian consumers.
The Tata Global Network includes one of the most advanced and largest submarine cable networks, a Tier-1 IP network, with connectivity to more than 200 countries across 400 PoPs, and nearly 1 million square feet of data center and collocation space worldwide.
Tata Communications' depth and breadth of reach in emerging markets includes leadership in Indian enterprise data services, leadership in global international voice, and strategic investments in operators in South Africa (Neotel), Sri Lanka (Tata Communications Lanka Limited), and Nepal (United Telecom Limited).
Tata Communications Limited is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India and its ADRs are listed on the New York Stock Exchange. (NYSE: TCL) www.tatacommunications.com
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco products in the Middle East are supplied by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsHow The Internet Is Preserving Korea's Cultural Heritage
By Amy Cortese 5/21/2013
Why Power Companies are Delving into Data
By Jason Deign 5/20/2013
Senior Executives Say Cloud-Based Collaboration Leads to Higher Business Performance