Cisco Brings TelePresence to Cisco Office in Islamabad, Pakistan
Company Strengthens Commitment to Help Socio-Economic Development Through Innovative Technologies
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan Nov. 4, 2010 Cisco today presented its latest communication and collaboration technologies, including a Cisco TelePresence® room for live face-to face virtual meetings in its new office in Islamabad. Cisco Chairman and CEO John Chambers and Paul Mountford, president of Cisco Emerging Markets, joined the Cisco team and local customers via Cisco TelePresence to celebrate the inauguration of the new facilities.
Today's ceremony marks an important milestone for Cisco in Pakistan. The company has been present in the country since 2005 and has been dedicated ever since to supporting Pakistan's socio-economic development through the strategic adoption of information and communications technology in areas such as education and health care, as well as across various industries. Cisco has three offices in Pakistan, located in Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore.
The Cisco® Networking Academy® has been operating in Pakistan since 1999 and currently counts close to 5,000 students and 52 academies across the country. Most recently, a Networking Academy was opened at Namal College on the initiative of Imran Khan.
The global Cisco family has been active in reaching out to help the people of Pakistan during recent times of need, in particular during the severe flooding, when Cisco employees and the Cisco Foundation raised USD 1,2 million during the 2010 Pakistan Flood Relief Fund Campaign.
Key Facts / Highlights:
- The new Cisco facilities in Islamabad provide access to dedicated client-facing facilities, e-cafes, a training area and a lab equipped with the latest Cisco technologies. Cisco staff members have a choice of collaborative and individual work settings, including mobile seating and quiet rooms, plus numerous meeting and project rooms. The office features the latest communication and collaboration technologies, including Cisco TelePresence 3010, Cisco Unified Video Advantage and Cisco Digital Signage.
- The Cisco TelePresence room connects the local team with the global Cisco community and provides the foundation for customers and partners to interact with Cisco experts in more than 230 cities and 60 countries around the world. Additionally, with intercompany Cisco TelePresence, meetings are possible with other organizations across the globe.
- The system includes three 65-inch plasma screens and a specially designed table that seats six participants. The system features cameras, a lighting array, microphones, and speakers, all tuned to optimize the experience, and supports life-size images with ultra-high-definition video and spatial audio. A multipoint meeting using Cisco TelePresence System 3010 can support up to 48 locations on a single call.
- Duncan Mitchell, senior vice president, Cisco Emerging Markets East
- Aamir Matin, general manager, Cisco Pakistan
"I'm absolutely delighted to be able to celebrate the inauguration of our new Cisco Islamabad facilities, which marks the next phase in our ongoing commitment to our customers and partners in Pakistan. Each time I visit Pakistan, I am reminded of the tremendous potential of this country and its people. In partnership with our customers, channel partners and networking academies, we hope to unite talent and technology to create a collaborative and sustainable ICT community that can help build life changing networks throughout Pakistan."
"Today's celebration is symbolic for the many great initiatives we are planning to launch in Pakistan. We believe that technology and the Internet hold a great promise for this country, addressing the needs in education, telemedicine, employment and sustainable growth. Together with our partners and the broader Cisco community we stand ready to help transform the country."
Cisco, Pakistan, Cisco TelePresence, video, collaboration
RSS Feed for Cisco:
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Pakistan is supplied by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, Cisco TelePresence and Networking Academy are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsOut of the Corner Office, Into Every Office: Cisco Sets the New Bar for Enterprise Collaboration With Products Capable of Completely Changing How Team
Today, 05:00 AM
Technology Enters the Iditarod Race
Cisco Announces Tech Talk Around Mobile Data Traffic Report with Wells Fargo