Cisco Inaugurates First TelePresence Room in Peru
Virtual Meeting Solution to Transform How Companies and Institutions Collaborate
LIMA, Peru, Oct. 8, 2010 - Cisco inaugurated today the first Cisco TelePresenceTM room in Peru. The advanced collaboration solution integrates spatial audio, life-size ultra-high-definition video and interactive elements to provide a face-to-face meeting experience live through the network.
With this first Cisco TelePresence room, located at Cisco offices in Lima, one of the most innovative technologies has reached Peru.
- Through Cisco TelePresence technology, face-to-face meetings can be held without the need for traveling. Just making a simple call facilitates collaboration, productivity and decision making.
- The Cisco TelePresence solution comprises 65-inch plasma screens at 1080p resolution providing the participants with life-size video images of session participants. Three high-resolution cameras in each room show details of facial expressions and gestures on the other side of the "virtual table" in important meetings and negotiations.
- Cisco TelePresence has a high-quality spatial audio system and multiple inputs and outputs, all of which allow more realistic conversations.
- Participants in a Cisco TelePresence session have access to the ability to record high-quality video, use collaboration applications such as Cisco WebExTM during each meeting, and gather for special events.
- Participants can meet in up to 48 Cisco TelePresence rooms at the same time.
- Existing systems of standard-definition video conferencing can be easily integrated with Cisco TelePresence solutions.
TelePresence Benefits for Cisco:
- Since the deployment of the first Cisco TelePresence rooms at Cisco headquarters, company employees have scheduled more than 711,836 meetings by this means, which have also greatly improved productivity and the executives' quality of life.
- The use of TelePresence rooms at Cisco has saved more than 231,000 metric tons of contaminating emissions in employee travel.
- To date, Cisco has also saved $628 million in travel expenses.
- Alvaro Merino-Reyna, general manager, Cisco Peru and Andean Region
"In order to thrive in the current economy, it is necessary to collaborate with colleagues and customers worldwide in a timely way while also improving the quality of our relationships. The Cisco TelePresence solution facilitates collaboration to conduct business more effectively and enables benefits in productivity, travel reduction and savings."
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technological innovation, operating excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo and Cisco TelePresence are registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. in the United States and certain other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.