Bulgarian Ministry of Transport, Information Technologies and Communications and Cisco Cooperate in Support of National Competitiveness and Knowledge Economy
Cisco Entrepreneur Institute to Be Launched in Bulgaria
SOFIA, Bulgaria - September 16, 2010 The Ministry of Transport, Information Technologies and Communications of the Republic of Bulgaria and Cisco today announced their intent to collaborate on several initiatives to increase Bulgaria's national competitiveness through the strategic adoption of information and communications technologies (ICT). The collaboration furthers the government's strategy of using the potential of information and communications networks to accelerate social and economic growth. The ministry and Cisco signed a memorandum of understanding outlining the key areas for cooperation.
Key Facts / Highlights:
- The ministry and Cisco will focus on key pillars of national competitiveness, such as the knowledge economy and education. Furthermore, they will explore the opportunities of knowledge transfer and sharing best practices in the use of ICT to increase productivity and innovation.
- The cooperation also aims to support the development of entrepreneurial capacity and networking skills. To this end, Cisco intends to launch the Cisco® Entrepreneur Institute in Bulgaria. The Cisco Entrepreneur Institute is aimed at building entrepreneurial capacity and provides practical insights for entrepreneurs on how to utilize technology in business.
- Cisco has a successful track record in Bulgarian education. The Cisco Networking Academy® was launched in Bulgaria in 1999 and currently trains more than 3,000 students annually at 50 academies across the country.
- Alexander Tzvetkov, minister, Ministry of Transport, Information Technologies and Communications, Bulgaria
- Borislav Dimitrov, general manager, Cisco Bulgaria
"The memorandum of understanding for strategic cooperation is in alignment with the policy of transparency in the relationships between the Ministry of Transport, Information Technologies and Communications and representatives of the business. Its aim is to help increase the competence of the state administration in information and communication technologies. Implementation of international best practices and standards will facilitate faster and more efficient electronic governance in Bulgaria."
"The memorandum of understanding is an important step in our cooperation with the Bulgarian government in the field of information and communications technology. It shows our commitment to contribute to the development of an information society in Bulgaria through investments in education and knowledge-transfer programs such as the Cisco Networking Academy and Cisco Entrepreneur Institute."
Bulgaria, Cisco, Cisco Entrepreneur Institute, knowledge economy
RSS Feed for Cisco:
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Europe is provided by Cisco Systems International B.V. and Cisco International Limited, wholly owned subsidiaries of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Networking Academy are registered service marks, trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsCisco Completes Acquisition of Ubiquisys
The Network Week in Review and Look Ahead: May 20-24
Goldman Sachs and Cisco to Host Conference Call on Cisco's Cloud Computing Strategy