Entel Chooses Cisco, NetApp and VMware as Technology Partners for Its Data Center in Ciudad de los Valles
Entel's Data Center Ciudad de los Valles will be able to reach unprecedented scalability levels and offer flexible services with simplified integration and efficient use of energy and physical space
SANTIAGO, Chile - August 10, 2010 - Entel, one of the most important telecommunications and information technology companies in Chile, has chosen Cisco, NetApp and VMware as technology suppliers of its data center in Ciudad de los Valles, the biggest and most modern data center for on-demand services in the country.
Ciudad de los Valles is one of the first projects in Latin America to incorporate an Enhanced Security Multitenancy Design Architecture for a virtualized dynamic data center, including Cisco Nexus®, Cisco Unified Computing System® and Cisco MDStechnology solutions integrated with the FAS storage solutions of NetApp and the virtualization software of VMware.
With this formula, Entel will be able to increase agility in its business, reach unprecedented scalability levels, offer flexible services, and make efficient use of energy and physical space, all of which reduce the complexity of its data centers and the total cost of investment.
The company now has a unique and unified platform that simplifies scalability to meet demand during periods of a lot or little activity. Through the automation of manual tasks, Entel has implemented a self-service model in which users can add storage capacity without any complications. Users can also change agreements for support and recovery service levels if necessary. In parallel, this solution allows customers to safely share the same infrastructure, network or storage resources without compromising vulnerable information.
- To provide on-demand services in Ciudad de los Valles, the Cisco Data Center 3.0 platform consolidates, virtualizes and automates the data center infrastructure, integrating computational, network, storage access and virtualization resources in one system, increasing flexibility and reducing operating costs.
- The NetApp architecture includes the following components: NetApp Unified Storage, Data ONTAP 8, MultiStore and a Cisco MDS solution for storage connectivity. The solution from NetApp, Cisco and VMware allows a virtualized, dynamic infrastructure with enhanced security, maximizing flexibility and agility while reducing operating costs.
- VMware vSphereTM 4, the cloud operating system, abstracts the software layer from the hardware layer through virtualization, providing added value for service level agreements (SLAs), both for applications and end users. Among the advantages of the VMware vSphere are cost reductions and maximum IT efficiency, better IT control thanks to the automation of service level agreements and the provision of enterprise services on demand.
- Ciudad de los Valles incorporates all of Entel's technical capacities, administration capacities and operations, allowing a wide range of IT worldwide services and solutions on demand. Ciudad de los Valles constitutes a milestone of the information and communications technology industry in the country, setting the standard for services and data center infrastructure.
- The advanced network, storage and computing technologies of Ciudad de los Valles will allow Entel to deliver cloud computing services, acting also under the software as a service (SaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) models.
- Julián San Martín, vice president, Mercado Corporaciones, Entel
- Nicolás Chiappara, general manager, Cisco Chile
- Matt Gharegozlou, general manager, NetApp Latin America and Caribbean
- Pedro Vignola, commercial manager, VMware Chile
"Ciudad de los Valles is without a doubt the most modern data center of the country, and the technology provided by Cisco for our on-demand solutions will allow us to deliver innovative services to all segments, setting us at the forefront of virtualization and storage in the country."
"The strong presence of Cisco in Ciudad de los Valles shows the Entel's technology leadership that incorporates the competitive advantages of a totally new solution in Chile, highlighting the innovative vision that has always characterized this company in the market."
"Which company does not need or want to save money? Or avoid unnecessary complexities? In the IT environment, efficiency can be a decisive factor between having the funds for new projects and being incapable of taking advantage of new opportunities. Our customer Entel found the answer in this solution, becoming a leader for its early adoption, which will allow it to do more in less time. The Enhanced Security Multitenancy Design Architecturefor a virtualized dynamic data center gives the best return on investment and total cost of investment.
"This new data center will be in charge of breaking the paradigm in the Chilean market. With this extension of its offer, Entel, a pioneer at propelling the cloud concept, will be able to reach more customers with solutions with more availability and at lower cost. That is why it will provide its customers with the benefits of acquiring a solution based on service-level agreement. This is a big change that will help both big companies and small and medium-sized businesses.
Entel and VMware have started a powerful relationship, based on the highest-quality standards, to support the IT infrastructure of the companies that choose to manage their systems in a more flexible, dynamic and competitive way in Latin America.
Entel is a leader company in the provision of Telecommunications and IT solutions. Its services of connectivity, telephony, high speed internet, data network, systems integration and exploitation, data center and operational continuity, allow companies of all sizes to manage their processes in the most efficient way. For further information, please visit www.entel.cl.
At NetApp, we gather the most creative and dedicated people in the world so that you can store , protect manage and keep the lowest price for one of your most valuable assets: data. Along the years, NetApp gained its reputation of being an innovative company that solves problems through the creation of solutions and products that make enterprise innovations possible and increase efficiency to reduce costs.
VMware (NYSE:VMW) VMware is the leader provider of virtualization solutions for desks and servers x86. Thanks to an innovative approach of virtualization, VMware technology separates the software from the subjacent hardware. This allows the fact that an only computer can execute several operating systems and applications to get meaningful improvements regarding efficiency, availability, flexibility and management capacity. Founded in 1998, VMware has its headquarters in Palo Alto, California, and offices all around the world. In the customer's base of MVware you can find more than 150.000 organizations of all sizes , including 100% of the companies on the list of Fortune 100. VMware offers technology designed to decrease in a substantial way IT costs, provide more flexibility at the time of choosing operating systems and allow a systems infrastructure more automated and with more recovery capacity, prepared to respond to the different company needs. www.vmware.com/es/.
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, celebrates 25 years of technological innovation, operating excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, Cisco Nexus and Cisco Unified Computing System are registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsClara's Big Ride Unites Youth for a National Conversation on Mental Health
Cisco Launches Managed Threat Defense Service
Home Security and The Internet of Everything
By Jason Deign 4/22/2014