TalktoCanada.com Deploys Cisco WebEx Technology to Help Students Learn English Faster Around the Globe
Web conferencing technology with video lets teachers and students easily collaborate to gain necessary language skills for success in the global business environment
SAN JOSE, Calif. - July 20, 2010 - TalktoCanada.com, a global company specializing in helping people to improve their English communications skills through online learning, has chosen Cisco WebEx Meeting Center to deliver full-service, online English language education to students anywhere in the world.
TalktoCanada.com provides customized course content to meet individual needs. With increasing globalization and the huge demand for English, more and more people are left behind without having the necessary skills and training in order to succeed. After participating in a tailor-made English language program, delivered via Cisco WebEx Meeting Center, TalktoCanada.com students can communicate more easily with other English speakers across the globe for a variety of business purposes. Founded in 2006, TalktoCanada.com has been able to reach hundreds of individuals and companies and help them improve their English through the use of interactive lessons using Cisco WebEx Meeting Center.
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center gives TalktoCanada.com the ability to deliver customized English instruction around the world using video interactions, application and desktop sharing, and annotation tools, helping students learn English quickly.
- According to a survey conducted by TalktoCanada in July, 2010, more than ninety-one percent of TalktoCanada.com customers believe learning English via WebEx is easy and effective.
- Cisco WebEx web meetings require no special downloads and they are accessible to anyone, worldwide, helping enable TalktoCanada.com to easily reach a global clientele.
- Meeting Center's simple interface helps enable TalktoCanada.com to easily integrate a variety of materials and forms of interaction, whether it be via audio only or with a more intimate and interactive video environment.
- TalktoCanada.com's focus on reaching global clients while providing highly interactive, video-enabled, and cost-effective instruction is an innovative way of providing quality English instruction, without brick-and-mortar classrooms.
- TalktoCanada.com courses are taught by certified instructors and focus on helping global working professionals strengthen their English skills and prepare for international business events and presentations.
- Marc Anderson, founder, general manager, owner of TalktoCanada.com
"Our focus has always been on reaching clients worldwide, so we needed to find a well-known corporate solution that provided global access to online classes in a way that's cost-effective. We also needed to be able to provide highly interactive instruction that helps students successfully learn English. Using Cisco WebEx Meeting Center, we've created an intimate, collaborative learning environment where we can share pictures to illustrate concepts, pull up slides to clearly explain ideas, and highlight information so all learners are focused on the same thing at the same time."
- Try Cisco WebEx web conferencing for free:
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center:
- Cisco WebEx Collaboration Cloud:
- Cisco WebEx Worldwide Activity Map:
- TalktoCanada.com case study:
TalktoCanada, TalktoCanada.com, Cisco, Cisco WebEx, Cisco WebEx Meeting Center, Meeting Center, online meetings, online training, online learning, collaboration, Cisco WebEx Collaboration, Cloud, ESL, English as a Second Language
About Cisco Collaboration
From award-winning IP communications to mobility, customer care, web conferencing, messaging, enterprise social software, and interoperable telepresence experiences, Cisco brings together integrated network-based collaboration solutions based on open standards. These solutions, as well as services from Cisco and our partners, are designed to help promote business growth, innovation, and productivity. They are also designed to help accelerate team performance, protect investments, and simplify the process of finding the right people and information.
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, and Cisco TelePresence are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsHow The Internet Is Preserving Korea's Cultural Heritage
By Amy Cortese 5/21/2013
Why Power Companies are Delving into Data
By Jason Deign 5/20/2013
Senior Executives Say Cloud-Based Collaboration Leads to Higher Business Performance