Cisco Delivers Hosted Collaboration Solution for Partners
Service Providers Endorse Cloud-Based Solution That Can Help Customers Reduce Costs and Scale Collaboration Technologies Faster
LAS VEGAS, June 30, 2010 At the CiscoLive! networking event in Las Vegas, Cisco today announced the availability of the Cisco® Hosted Collaboration Solution, an offering that allows partners to provide a wide range of Cisco collaboration applications to their customers, via the cloud, using an "as a service" model.
The Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution, which builds on existing hosted Cisco Unified Communications offerings, provides customers with unprecedented flexibility in choosing how they deploy collaboration applications throughout their organizations. The hosted option helps customers rapidly deploy collaboration technologies while potentially lowering upfront capital and ongoing operating expenses.
The Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution gives partners, including service providers and integrators, the ability to deploy multiple collaboration applications on one server in a virtualized environment and then host those applications for multiple client organizations. The solution is designed to be run from partner data centers. The solution is optimized for delivery by the Cisco Unified Computing SystemTM, part of the Cisco Unified Service Delivery solution. Cisco Unified Service Delivery combines the power of the datacenter with the power of the network to transform service delivery and build the foundation for cloud services.
Key Facts / Highlights:
- Partners can purchase the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution from Cisco and then license use of the applications within that solution to multiple customers through a subscription-based service.
- The Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution can give partners new levels of performance, lower cost of ownership, and increased operational productivity. Installations, upgrades, and customizations are easier while security and redundancy are potentially improved.
- Partners are able to offer one of the most comprehensive collaboration services available and can easily deploy large, multi-customer installations.
- By using a common infrastructure for a variety of services, partners can potentially save money while delivering customers a ubiquitous user experience regardless of deployment model (hosted, managed, on premise).
- Customers can enjoy greater operational efficiencies and can shift various information technology resources to more strategic initiatives -- by enabling the provision of core, feature rich communications service delivery by a trusted partner.
- Partners who deploy the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution will have the ability to quickly build or enhance a hosted collaboration service offering based on market-leading Cisco Unified Communications and collaboration technologies.
- This virtualized solution enables partners to offer a variety of collaboration applications to their customers including: Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Contact Center, Cisco Unified Mobility, Cisco Unified Presence, Cisco Unity Connection, and Cisco WebEx Meeting Center (hosted by Cisco). Cisco will continue adding other collaboration applications to the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution in the future.
- Cisco delivers a full suite of professional services to enable partners to deploy the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution in an "as a service" model. Cisco's services and engagement model are designed to help partners successfully adopt the Cisco collaboration platform and accelerate time to market for new services.
- Anthony Recine, vice president of networking and communications solutions for Verizon Business:
- Paul Molinier, vice president, Unified Communications and Collaboration Business Unit, Orange:
- Roger Wuethrich-Hasenboehler, executive vice president and member of the board, Swisscom:
- Barry O'Sullivan, senior vice president, Voice Technology Group, Cisco:
"Our customers are eager to put cloud-based unified communications applications to the test. Verizon Business' field trial of Cisco's Hosted Collaboration Solution builds on a proven track record the two companies have established developing and delivering innovative solutions to market, while marking an important milestone on Verizon Business' path to deliver 'Everything-as-a-Service' for our customers worldwide."
"Delivering our customers the broadest-range and highest-quality hosted unified communications and collaboration services is one of our core businesses. The Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution will allow us to achieve this goal with an excellent operational efficiency and profitability for our clients."
"Delivering hosted unified communications and collaboration services is a demanding and complex operation. We're excited to be working with the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution, which is designed to simplify operations and deliver services in the most efficient and profitable manner."
"Through the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution, Cisco is enabling our partners to provide cloud-based solutions that offer unmatched levels of flexibility for their customers. We look forward to continuing to work closely with our partners to ultimately assist their customers in deploying collaboration technologies that bring about a new way of working."
Tags / Keywords:
Cisco, Unified Communications, Hosted Unified Communications, hosted UC, UCaaS, collaboration, collaboration-as-a-service, Cisco services, hosted collaboration solution, unified computing system, UCS
- For more product details and information, visit the Hosted Collaboration System page for more detail.
- Cisco Live Collaboration Virtual Experience
- Keep up with Cisco's news by visiting the company's Platform Blog.
- For more information about Cisco's collaboration news and activities visit the Collaboration Blog or follow us via Twitter @CiscoCollab.
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Cisco Collaboration and Communication
RSS Feed for Cisco:
About Cisco Collaboration
From award-winning IP communications to mobility, customer care, Web conferencing, messaging, enterprise social software, and interoperable telepresence experiences, Cisco brings together integrated network-based collaboration solutions based on open standards. These solutions, as well as services from Cisco and our partners, are designed to help promote business growth, innovation, and productivity. They also designed to help accelerate team performance, protect investments, and simplify the process of finding the right people and information.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, Cisco Unified Computing System Cisco Unity, Cisco WebEx and WebEx are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsCisco Completes Acquisition of Insieme Networks
Network Trailblazer: A Conversation with Bob Pittman
By Kevin Maney 12/10/2013
Cisco to Host Financial Analyst Conference 2013 Webcast