Cisco Digital Signs Deliver Dynamic Content to Attendees and Delegates at International Economic Forum of the Americas/Conférence de Montréal
MONTREAL, Quebec, June 3, 2010 - Cisco today announced that the International Economic Forum of the Americas/Conférence de Montréal is using Cisco® Digital Signs from June 7 to 10 to deliver high-definition dynamic content to more than 4,000 attending delegates. This initiative represents the first time the Conférence de Montréal has incorporated innovative video applications and content to complement its program. The forum will use digital signage to deliver up-to-the-minute agenda highlights, speaker information and high-definition broadcasts of keynote speakers.
The Conférence de Montreal is an international gathering of some of the world's economic thought leaders, including Dominique Strauss-Kahn, managing director, International Monetary Fund; Paul Volcker, chairman of the President's Economic Recovery Board; and Angel Gurría, secretary-general of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. The conference is committed to heightening knowledge and awareness of the major issues of economic globalization.
- Cisco Digital Signs provide an innovative way to improve the customer and user experience. The solution is ideal for organizations in a wide variety of industries, including financial services, retail, government, education, health care, sports and entertainment, safety and security, and transportation that use digital signage systems for marketing, customer experience enhancement, communications and training, information and advertising.
- The Cisco Digital Media Suite is a comprehensive offering of social video, digital signage and business Internet Protocol TV systems that can help transform how organizations communicate and collaborate.
- Conférence of Montréal will use the Cisco Digital Media Suite as the engine for the display and playback of compelling, rich digital media, including high-definition live broadcasts and on-demand video, graphics and text tickers across a network of digital signs.
- The digital media players can be attached to virtually any on-premises digital signage display at any location.
- Nicholas Rémillard, president and chief executive officer, International Economic Forum of the Americas/Conférence de Montréal
- Nitin Kawale, president, Cisco Canada
"We are delighted to have Cisco collaborate with us to implement a digital signage solution that complements this year's conference program. Cisco's Digital Media Suite will enhance the overall experience for our guests by enabling us to showcase captivating content of digital video and live broadcast feeds."
"The International Economic Forum of the Americas is an excellent world-class event to deploy Cisco's leading Digital Media Suite to help maximize the delegate experience. With this technology, the conference is able to embrace the power of the network to provide rich and dynamic keynote videos, agenda updates and real-time news to deliver a more comprehensive on-site experience."
Cisco, Digital Media Suite, digital signs, International Economic Forum of the Americas, Conférence de Montréal, video
About the International Economic Forum of the Americas/Conférence de Montréal
The International Economic Forum of the Americas/Conference de Montreal is committed to heightening knowledge and awareness of the major issues of economic globalization, with a particular emphasis on relations between the Americas and other continents. The Forum also strives to foster exchanges of information, to promote free discussion on major current economic issues and facilitate meetings between world leaders to encourage international discourse by bringing together heads of state, the private sector, international organizations and civil society.
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
- Karin Scott Cisco Systems, Inc. +1 416 306 7164 email@example.com
Most Recent NewsHow The Internet Is Preserving Korea's Cultural Heritage
By Amy Cortese 5/21/2013
Why Power Companies are Delving into Data
By Jason Deign 5/20/2013
Senior Executives Say Cloud-Based Collaboration Leads to Higher Business Performance