London Organising Committee Adopts Cisco Eos Software as a Service Platform to Enable New Experiences Around the London 2012 Games
Cisco's role as Official Network Infrastructure Supporter for London 2012 extended
LONDON, May 19, 2010 - Cisco today announced that the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) has adopted the Cisco Eos® Software as a Service platform for the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games.
Cisco will provide LOCOG with access to Cisco Eos, a hosted Software as a Service platform that enables the creation, management and support of white label community-driven websites including content targeting, asset management and site administration functionality. Cisco Eos will enable LOCOG to deliver new, interactive consumer experiences by easily creating, managing and growing online communities built around London 2012 content. The first Eos-enabled experiences from LOCOG will be available later this year.
This extends Cisco's role as Official Network Infrastructure Supporter for London 2012. Cisco is working closely with LOCOG to develop a truly transformational infrastructure for the Games that will enable the many stakeholders involved in London 2012 to collaborate in innovative ways to deliver the most connected Games possible.
As Official Network Infrastructure Supporter of London 2012, Cisco is also working with LOCOG to provide equipment to underpin the secure Local Area Network (LAN) infrastructure that will manage several elements of London 2012.
Highlights / Key Facts:
- LOCOG will use the Cisco Eos software platform to create multiple experiences built around various topics and programmes related to the London 2012 Games.
- Through Cisco Eos, LOCOG will also be able to efficiently and effectively manage large audiences and portfolios of content assets and websites in Eos's integrated administrative interface. Cisco is delivering two infrastructure networks to London 2012, separated at the local area network (LAN) level to support both the delivery and the connected presentation of the London 2012 Games.
- Alex Balfour, head of New Media of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games, LOCOG
- Phil Smith, vice president & CEO, Cisco UK and Ireland
- Dan Scheinman, senior vice president & general manager, Cisco Media Solutions Group
"We want to engage audiences directly and personally for London 2012. We are pleased to be working with Cisco to help us create experiences that are interactive, immersive and personal. We can do that online in an effective and memorable way by integrating social interaction through the Cisco Eos platform. With Eos we will be able to easily build, administer and manage multiple communities of content, as well as analyse traffic patterns and user behaviours to boost audience engagement and retention."
"The London 2012 experiences enabled by Cisco Eos will extend the reach well beyond the stadiums and arenas into the living rooms, bedrooms, offices, schools and mobile phones of the world."
"Consumers are no longer satisfied with a 'lean back' entertainment experience, they want to interact with and around the content they love. The experiences LOCOG will create on Cisco Eos will be exciting opportunities for fans to interact with London 2012, and we're pleased to be working with LOCOG to help them deliver the next-generation experience that today's consumers demand."
Links / URLs:
- LOCOG website: www.London2012.com.
- Learn more about the Cisco Eos Software as a Service platform: http://www.cisco.com/web/solutions/cmsg/index.html.
- Read the product data sheet and overview for Cisco Eos. Cisco has also been appointed the Official Network Infrastructure Supporter for London 2012.
- Check out these Web-based vignettes that further explain how Cisco Eos supports the delivery of digital content experiences.
- Additional Cisco Eos news and activities can be found on Cisco's DigMediaRev blog, DigItAll Consumer blog and @CiscoEos Twitter feed.
- RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html.
Tags / Keywords:
Cisco, London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG), London Olympic Games, London Paralympic Games, Cisco Eos, Eos, software as a service platform, software platform, social networking, social media, social entertainment, Cisco, Cisco Media Solutions Group
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Europe is supplied by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo and Cisco Systems are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
- Fiona Buckley Cisco Systems, Inc. +44 20 8824 1823 email@example.com
Most Recent NewsInside Cisco's Acoustic Chamber
By Karen Crocker Snell 4/16/2014
Cisco Deployed IT Infrastructure for World-Famous Mariinsky Theatre
The Network Week in Review and Look Ahead:April 7-11