CA Technologies and Cisco Collaborate to Optimize Virtualized Data Center Management Capabilities
Solution streamlines management of next-generation data center, including public and private cloud infrastructures
LAS VEGAS, May 17, 2010 - CA WORLD - CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) and Cisco today announced they are expanding their relationship through collaborative technology integration. Their latest work is designed to enable organizations to achieve greater agility, automation and scale in their data center operations, while accelerating the move toward cloud computing-based services. Launched today is the release of CA Service Assurance and Service Automation solutions designed to support the Cisco Unified Computing System. The integration of Cisco's Unified Computing SystemTM data center platform with the CA systems management suite enables customers to accelerate the deployment of new applications, streamline operations, reduce costs and provide reliable service delivery in public and private cloud computing environments.
KEY FACTS: CA Technologies and Cisco Deliver Integrated Management Technology for Virtualized Data Centers
- The ability to manage the Cisco Unified Computing System natively from CA Technologies' leading management software provides unified management capabilities to help customers see and control the platform infrastructure and application stack.
- CA Technologies and Cisco today are announcing the integration of three CA management tools with the Cisco Unified Computing System. Utilizing the Cisco UCS Manager open XML API (Application Programming Interface), CA Technologies has integrated management of the Cisco Unified Computing System platform into the following solutions:
- CA Spectrum® Automation Manager - A policy-based server provisioning and automation tool
- CA eHealth® Performance Manager A performance management solution that monitors device health across an organization's entire infrastructure
- CA Spectrum® Infrastructure Manager - An integrated management solution for fault isolation and root cause analysis, and network configuration management
- CA Technologies has integrated operating system provisioning on top of Cisco Unified Computing System service profiles natively within the CA Spectrum Automation Manager interface, enabling IT organizations to manage resources according to predefined service-level agreements for each business application.
- The CA Service Assurance toolsCA eHealth Performance Manager and CA Spectrum Infrastructure Manager also discover Cisco UCS server and network topology and gather performance and status statistics for reporting and analysis. CA's 'OneClick' management interface further simplifies operational processes, improving staff responsiveness and productivity.
- The integrated solution enables the deployment of new computing approaches within existing processes, with reduced operational overhead.
- Users of existing CA tools and CA-based policies and processes manage the Cisco Unified Computing System platform directly from this same management suite, enabling accelerated adoption of benefits such as unprecedented flexibility, power savings, extended memory and virtualized I/O.
- Standard x86 application stacks can easily and reliably be run anywhere within a Unified Computing System environment, with familiar CA Technologies solutions.
- Cisco is working with industry-leading companies such as CA Technologies to build a comprehensive ecosystem of data center partners to help ease customer transitions to virtualized and cloud environments; the systems management area is one of the key technology areas being addressed in this industry ecosystem.
- Chris Gabriel, director of marketing, Logicalis:
- Ed Bugnion, vice president, chief technology officer, Server Access Virtualization Business Unit, Cisco:
- George Fischer, executive vice president of global sales, client services and marketing at CA Technologies:
- Peter Christy, co-founder, Principal of Internet Research Group:
"The effort between Cisco and CA Technologies is fundamental to making private cloud computing work for enterprise customers," said Chris Gabriel, director of marketing, Logicalis. "Our innovative Cooperative Enterprise Cloud Service, a 'private and public hybrid cloud service', uses the Cisco Unified Computing System and CA Service Automation and Assurance solutions to provide a superior service for our customers."
"The Cisco Unified Computing System was designed from the ground up with an embedded management system that exposes all resources via an open XML API specifically architected to allow the integration with third-party systems management and automation software such as the CA Spectrum and eHealth suites. This integration provides CA Technologies' customers with the ability to manage the Cisco Unified Computing System from their familiar single pane of glass. We are pleased to see that CA Technologies' solution will extend to the Cisco Unified Computing Systems' highly differentiated policies and abstractions, enabling our common customers to benefit from our innovation. The Cisco Unified Computing System and CA Technologies management solutions complement each other to help IT organizations reduce risk, increase IT agility and contain costs across the connected enterprise."
"These integrated solutions will help our joint customers reduce data center complexity, lower costs and achieve a more agile IT service delivery model. The tight integration between Cisco and CA Technologies also will help customers improve service assurance, performance, and security in increasingly complex virtualized environments."
"There is great value for customers in CA Technologies and Cisco collaborating on systems management. Virtualization is changing the game. The Cisco Unified Computing System exemplifies systems designed for virtualization; CA Technologies' platform-agnostic view of systems management fits perfectly with virtualized servers capable of concurrently running applications on many different OS platforms. Management tools that build on embedded management capabilities reaching across servers, networks or storage will allow customers to accelerate the transition to and leverage the benefits of Cisco's next generation data center technologies."
- Learn more about Cisco Unified Computing System
- Learn about Cisco data center solutions
- Read the Cisco data center blog
- Learn more about Cisco virtualization services
- CA Technologies Social Media Page
- CA Technologies Press Releases
- CA Technologies Podcasts
Cisco, CA Technologies, data center management, data center virtualization, Cisco Unified Computing System
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA's innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA to manage their evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA at www.ca.com. Follow CA on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cainc.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Copyright © 2010 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies. Nothing herein (i) affects the rights and/or obligations of CA or its licensees under any existing or future written license agreement or services agreement relating to any CA software product; or (ii) amends any product documentation or specifications for any CA software product. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described herein remain at CA's sole discretion.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems and Cisco Unified Computing System are registered trademarks, trademarks or service marks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
- Michael Zeglin CA Technologies, Inc 650-298-3117 firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Recent NewsHow The Internet Is Preserving Korea's Cultural Heritage
By Amy Cortese 5/21/2013
Why Power Companies are Delving into Data
By Jason Deign 5/20/2013
Senior Executives Say Cloud-Based Collaboration Leads to Higher Business Performance