Cisco Brings Business Collaboration to the iPad with Cisco WebEx Meeting Center Available Immediately on the App Store
iPad users can now use their devices to participate in full, collaborative online web and audio meetings
SAN JOSE, Calif. - April 2, 2010 - Further enhancing the online meeting experience for participants, Cisco today announced Cisco WebEx Meeting Center for the Apple iPad. This free business application allows participants to join and engage in robust online meetings right from their iPad with a few simple taps on the screen.
The Cisco WebEx application is available today via download from the App Store. Once downloaded, participants easily engage in meetings by tapping the meeting URL found in the email or calendar invitation. This application provides users another way to benefit from today's widespread global WiFi access.
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center for the iPad provides robust in-meeting features that take full advantage of the iPad-optimized user experience. Using animation, visual effects, user movements and touch, the user experience is simple and intuitive.
- The in-meeting experience allows participants to view shared presentations, applications and desktops. It also allows users to view the meeting participant list, see who's talking, and chat privately or with all attendees using the chat window on the screen.
- Users can take advantage of Cisco WebEx VoIP audio directly from the iPad or request a call-back on a phone for easy audio conferencing with data sharing.
- "Plantronics is constantly pursuing solutions that enhance mobile collaboration between our employees, partners and customers," said Steve Kjaer, IT Director, Plantronics. "With Cisco WebEx Meeting Center on the iPad, people can quickly join a WebEx VoIP meeting to present information and share applications from anywhere they might be working."
- "The Apple iPad with the availability of Cisco WebEx online meetings makes a simple, but very powerful interface," said Zeus Kerravala, Distinguished Research Fellow at Yankee Group. "The trend of using personal devices for business purposes is here to stay, moving from tech savvy users to the mainstream. As a result, business productivity will be able to reach new levels."
- "This latest innovation continues to showcase Cisco's ongoing commitment to bringing the value of collaboration to users on their device of choice," said Debra Chrapaty, senior vice president and general manager, Cisco Collaboration Software Group. "When a powerful collaboration solution like Cisco WebEx Meeting Center for the iPad is combined with an intuitive and WiFi enabled user experience, businesses and users both win."
- Podcast introducing Cisco WebEx Meeting Center for the iPad:
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center on the iPhone
- Tap into your next WebEx meeting by tapping your Apple mobile device:
Cisco, Cisco WebEx, Cisco WebEx Meeting Center, Apple, Apple iPad, iPad, App Store, business collaboration, collaboration, online meetings, web meetings
About Cisco Collaboration
From award-winning IP communications to mobility, customer care, Web conferencing, messaging, enterprise social software, and interoperable telepresence experiences, Cisco brings together network-based, integrated collaboration solutions based on open standards. These solutions, as well as services from Cisco and our partners, help promote business growth, innovation and productivity. They also help accelerate team performance, protect investments, and simplify the process of finding the right people and information.
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, and Cisco TelePresence are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.