Knowledge Is Power: Cisco Announces Agenda for Networkers at Cisco Live 2010
Marthin De Beer and Bruce Thomas to Deliver Keynotes on Next-Generation Collaboration and the Potential of Augmented Reality
BARCELONA, Spain, Jan. 22, 2010 - Cisco today announced the agenda for Networkers at Cisco Live 2010, taking place in Barcelona, 25-28 January. Based on the theme 'Knowledge Is Power', Networkers at Cisco Live 2010 will equip delegates with the technical knowledge required to stay competitive in today's economy. For those unable to attend the event in Barcelona, an additional one-day virtual event will be held at Cisco Live on Tuesday, 26 Jan., incorporating key elements from the main agenda, such as the keynotes, technical training sessions and a virtual chat with Cisco keynoter Marthin De Beer. (Click the link for additional information and to register for the virtual event.)
- Now in its 19th year, Networkers at Cisco Live is Cisco's European flagship annual technology conference and exhibition.
- Agenda highlights will be available virtually on Cisco Live.
- Keynotes this year will be delivered by leading technology thinkers Marthin De Beer, senior vice president of Cisco's Emerging Technologies Business Group, and Professor Bruce Thomas, director of the Wearable Computer Laboratory at the University of South Australia.
- De Beer is a technology visionary who has led the development of innovative and leading-edge technologies such as Cisco TelePresenceTM, Digital Media Systems, IP Video Surveillance and Smart Grid solutions, cultivating a steady stream of new businesses that take Cisco into adjacent markets.
As a leading academic on wearable computers, augmented reality and virtual reality, Thomas works to make first-person perspective applications a reality. In addition to his keynote, Thomas will be giving live demonstrations of his current projects at the World of Solutions, the primary exhibition area for Networkers at Cisco Live 2010.
- More than 240 technical training and educational sessions for delegates
- Opportunity to meet with dozens of Cisco experts through the Meet the Engineer program and at the Cisco Technical Design Clinics on a one-to-one basis
- Super Sessions on Collaboration and Data Centre
- Onsite Innovation Centre celebrating 25 years of Cisco technology
- World of Solutions, the interactive learning area of Networkers at Cisco Live 2010 featuring more than 60 exhibitors
- Opportunity to see live webcasts of keynote sessions on Cisco Live!
- "Networkers at Cisco Live remains the most important customer event in our European calendar, bringing together more than 5,000 IT networking professionals from across Europe all under one roof. Under the theme 'Knowledge Is Power', Networkers at Cisco Live 2010 will equip organizations with the technical knowledge, particularly in the area of new collaboration technologies, needed to stay competitive in today's economy," said Amanda Jobbins, vice president, European Marketing, Cisco.
- Networkers at Cisco Live official website
- View the event agenda
- Delegate registration for Networkers at Cisco Live
- Watch a personal invitation from Amanda Jobbins
- Follow Networkers 2010 on Twitter
About Networkers at Cisco Live 2010
Following many years as the IT industry's leading educational, training and networking conference, Europe's flagship technology event Cisco Networkers will join the Cisco Live family in 2010. Continuing to meet the complex requirements of IT and communications professionals, Networkers at Cisco Live will equip delegates and their organisations with the technical knowledge needed to stay competitive in today's challenging economy. This must attend event takes place in the vibrant city of Barcelona and is not to be missed by anyone wanting to learn about smarter, more powerful approaches to the way we work, live, play and learn.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Europe is supplied by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems and Cisco TelePresence are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsArchipelago International and Cisco Transform the Hospitality Industry in Indonesia
Cisco Completes Acquisition of Insieme Networks
Network Trailblazer: A Conversation with Bob Pittman
By Kevin Maney 12/10/2013