Cisco Announces Interactive Digital Signage Pilot With Harrah's Operating Company
Harrah's Focuses on Innovation, Offers Next-Generation Guest Experience
NEW YORK (National Retail Federation 99th Convention & Expo, Booth 2529) January 11, 2009 Expanding on an existing collaborative effort, Cisco® announced today it is working on the first interactive digital signage solutions pilot with Harrah's Operating Company Inc., a subsidiary of Harrah's Entertainment, Inc. Using Cisco Digital Media Suite (DMS), now supporting touch capability, Harrah's will pilot an interactive signage solution as part of Harrah's strategy to create a more personalized guest experience. The addition of touch capabilities to Cisco's Digital Signage solutions can improve the customer experience in convention, casino, and hotel areas through delivery of services directly to customers, reducing perceived wait times, and sharing up-to-date schedules and news, where and when customers need them most.
Cisco works with its clients to transform their customers' experiences through evolving, innovative technologies that recognize customers are more than ever focused on experience as an integral element of value. Harrah's and Cisco continue to work together to define, design, and deliver this guest experience. This initiative represents Cisco's first interactive, touch enabled-digital signage solution piloted by Harrah's, and demonstrates Harrah's continued leadership in exploring guest experience innovation within the casino entertainment industry.
Harrah's, in concert with the Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group (the company's strategic consulting arm) the Cisco Digital Media Systems (DMS) business unit, and Industry Weapon will pilot this innovative signage experience in early 2010.
Cisco at NRF 99th Annual Convention & Expo
Cisco's retail solutions will be available at NRF booth 2529. Demonstrations include:
- Cisco TelePresenceTM 500
- Virtual Expert delivering expertise where customers want it
- Energy management with Noveda & FSG
- Loss prevention with Agilence and video surveillance
- Cisco Digital Media Suite, including touch-screen applications from Array Interactive
Additionally, Cisco executives will be participating in a series of Big Ideas presentations including:
- Video Analytics: What Retailers and Casinos Can Learn from Each Other To Increase Sales and Lower Costs Monday, January 11 from 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. in Expo Hall, Room 3D05; Dean McBride of Harrah's, and Howard Lock and Joanne Bethlahmy from the Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group
- Store Operations Analytics by Scopix with Cisco: Improving Customer Service at Cabela's Monday, January 11 from 4:45 - 5:15 p.m. in Expo Hall, Room 3D05 with Gary Ehlers, Cabela's, and Luis Vera, Scopix
- Strengthening Brand Loyalty and Uncovering Profits through Flawless Execution Tuesday, January 12 from 3:00 - 3:45 p.m. in Expo Hall, Room 3D05 with Curtis Foster, Global Retail Industry Marketing Manager, Cisco; and Prashanth Palakurthi, CEO, Reflexis
- The Power of Video in Retail Gathering, Analyzing and Communicating Using Video Tuesday, January 12 at 9:30 10:00 a.m. in Expo Hall, Room 3D04 with Cisco executives Erica Schroeder, Charles Stucki and Mark Weidick
Howard Lock, director, Cisco's Internet Business Solutions Group, Hospitality Practice:
"Our pilot with Harrah's highlights the opportunities that organizations have to delight their guests by incorporating key emerging technologies and capabilities into their business operations."
Katrina Lane, chief technology officer, Harrah's:
"The industry and technology expertise that Cisco brings to the table helps us leverage their digital signage solutions in new and innovative ways."
Thomas Wyatt, vice president, Cisco's DMS Group:
"Cisco Digital Signs helps our customers engage with their clientele in a rich, personalized and intelligent way, taking advantage of the power of the network. Expanding our partnership with Harrah's to include interactive applications is the next step forward in transforming the entertainment experience for its customers."
Rachael McBrearty, director of global customer experience, Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group:
"The IBSG Customer Experience Practice is a strategy and design group that helped Harrah's utilize signage technology in innovative ways. Our work with Harrah's is consistent with our dedication to understanding how technology can be used to create better real-time connections with customers."
- Cisco Retail Web Site
- Cisco NRF Web Site
- Cisco Digital Media Suite Powers a New Customer Experiences VoD
- "Weathering the Storm: Preparing for the 'New Normal' in Retail POV paper
- "Video Analytics: Enabling Retailers and Casinos to Build Brand Loyalty, Increase Competitive Advantage, and Improve Customer Service" POV paper
- "The Future of Retail Touchpoints: Extending Your Reach in the Customer Shopping Journey" POV paper
- "Redefining the Customer Experience with Harrah's" Video
- Tesco Success Story: "Tesco Uses Collaboration Tools to Support Rapid International Growth"
- "Retailing in the Connected World" VoD
- "Intersection of Retail and Technology Create Compelling Customer Experiences" VoD
Technorati Tags: Cisco, Internet Business Solutions Group (IBSG), Harrah's, retail, collaboration, high-definition video, digital signage
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information on Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.# # #
Cisco, Cisco Systems, and the Cisco Systems logo are registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.