Cisco Outlines Fiscal 2011 1st Quarter Technology and Customer Highlights
San Jose, Calif.: Nov 8, 2010, 5am Pacific Time (PT)
- Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today outlined the key announcements in its 1st quarter of fiscal year 2011 that marked the company's focus on building, buying and partnering to drive ongoing innovation.
- Cisco has scheduled a conference call on Wednesday, November 10, 2010 at 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) to announce its 1st quarter fiscal year 2011 financial results for the quarter ending Saturday, Oct 30, 2010.
- Financial results will be released over Marketwire, as well as the European Business and Technical Wire, after the close of the market on Wednesday, November 10, 2010.
- To Listen via the Internet:
We are pleased to offer a live and replay audio broadcast of the conference call with corresponding slides at www.cisco.com/go/investors.
Select Technology Development Highlights from Q1 FY11:
Marthin De Beer, senior vice president of the Cisco Emerging Technologies Business Group outlines key technology innovation milestones in the 1st quarter of FY11 on behalf of the Cisco Development Organization.
- Cisco introduced Cisco ūmi telepresence, a first-of-its-kind consumer product that brings family and friends together in HD video at the touch of a button, whether they are around the corner or across the country.
- Cisco expanded its Borderless Network portfolio with new products across switching, routing, security and mobility, and announced the Application Velocity Network Service designed to enhance the resilience and user experience of cloud-based applications.
- Cisco unveiled the next phase of the medianet, an end-to-end architecture for video and rich media, and introduced the Cisco Media Experience Engine 5600 as a key architectural component. Cisco also advanced its Smart+Connected Communities vision with innovations in Urban Safety and Security, including the industry's first plug-and-play medianet-enabled video surveillance camera.
- Cisco unveiled a new class of small business switches, new IP phones and video monitoring software and enhanced services and support designed to help small businesses improve security, boost performance and grow their business while controlling costs.
- The company introduced the Cisco Traffic Packet Optimization service capability, a new addition to its ASR 5000 In-line Services portfolio to help accelerate mobile video and downloads from service provider networks, improve user experience and reduce network traffic.
- Cisco released the Cisco AnyConnectTM Secure Mobility Client through the Apple App Store to offer a seamless and highly secure experience for enterprise iPhone and iPod touch users.
Select Global Customer Announcements from Q1 FY10, by Theater:
United States and Canada:
- Cisco deployed its 30 millionth Internet Protocol (IP) phone to one of the world's largest banking and financial services institutions, HSBC. As part of a standardization strategy, HSBC has already deployed over 100,000 Cisco Unified IP Phones across 87 geographic locations.
- The City of Holyoke in Massachusetts launched Smart+Connected Communities pilot programs with Cisco to implement the city's vision for sustainable redevelopment.
- Slumberland, Inc. selected the Cisco Unified Computing System for its primary data center to support Slumberland's creation of a private cloud for virtual desktop deployment and virtualization of business.
- Level 3 Communications is enhancing HD video transmission at sports venues nationwide with the Cisco Digital Content Manager Gateway platform. To date, Level 3 has installed its Vyvx VenueNet video-transmission service in all 31 major U.S. professional football venues.
- TalktoCanada.com chose Cisco WebEx Meeting Center to offer full service online English language education to students anywhere in the world.
- The City of Vancouver announced a collaborative relationship with Cisco and Pulse Energy to accelerate the development of the city's green goals in the areas of building-energy management, home-energy management, urban carbon-footprint reduction and data center efficiency.
Asia Pacific, Japan and Greater China:
- Australian office products supplier Corporate Express extended its commitment to virtualization in the data center with its selection of technology from Cisco, EMC and VMware.
- Incheon Metropolitan City in Korea and Cisco advanced their strategic collaboration based on Cisco's Smart+Connected Communities blueprint with pilot projects to explore the use of technology for the 2014 Asian Games, to develop a set of "Smart City" guidelines for private sector developers to build ICT-ready buildings within the Incheon, and to develop Smart Community Centers in Incheon.
- Cable Thai Holdings, a service provider that brings together 300 cable operators in Thailand, installed Cisco switched digital video solutions as the foundation for its content-delivery system.
- The JW Marriott Shanghai opened a public Cisco TelePresence suite, marking mainland China's first virtual meetings studio offered in collaboration with AT&T, SST and Cisco.
- Cisco and EMC, together with VMware, announced that SingTel will introduce enterprise cloud-based virtual data center services designed to enable enterprise customers in Singapore to operate their businesses more efficiently.
- The Abu Dhabi Police chose to deploy Cisco Unified Communications solutions at its headquarters and throughout its branch offices across the United Arab Emirates to help create a safer society.
- The Bulgarian Ministry of Transport, Information Technologies and Communications announced an intent to collaborate with Cisco in support of the nation's competitiveness and knowledge economy.
- In Argentina, Banco Supervielle implemented Cisco collaboration, unified communications and contact center solutions including 3,000 Cisco Unified IP phones to improve customer service and increase quality and security in its branches.
- NET Serviços, the largest cable service provider in Latin America announced that it will use Cisco set-top box technology to enable it to deliver new and innovative interactive services to Brazilian customers.
- In Kenya, Wananchi Group and Cisco signed a multiyear contract to take triple play services to the next level and roll out new services in nine countries in the eastern African region.
- Smart Work Center Amsterdam Bright City, part of a network of Smart Work Centers throughout the Netherlands, announced the opening of the country's first public Cisco TelePresence suite, which can utilized on either a subscription or a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Ravensbourne, a U.K. design and digital media higher education institution, chose Cisco to transform its new campus in Greenwich, a host borough of the London 2012 Olympic Games, for use in the London Games and beyond. Portugal Telecom and Cisco extended their collaboration, the aim of which is to deliver world-class cloud computing services for customers based on the Cisco Unified Service Delivery architecture.
- BT Wholesale in the UK selected Cisco's Content Delivery System as the 'backbone' for its open online video delivery network solution designed to enhance the experience of watching and listening to digital content on the web. Spanish network operator Abertis Telecom adopted the Cisco ASR 9000 as the foundation to enhance the video and Carrier Ethernet services it offers to broadcasters and the wider telecoms market.
- Free (Iliad Group) in France implemented the Cisco Carrier-Grade IPv6 solution, underpinning one of the world's largest live IPv6-enabled residential Internet service deployments.
Acquisitions and Investments:
- Cisco completed its acquisition of privately-held ExtendMedia Corporation, a leading provider of software-based Content Management Systems (CMS) that manage the entire lifecycle of video content through monetization for pay media and ad-supported business models.
- The company completed its acquisition of privately held Arch Rock Corporation, a pioneer in Internet Protocol-based wireless network technology for smart-grid applications.
Significant Partner Announcements from Q1 FY11
- Orange Business Services together with Cisco, EMC and VMware announced a global business alliance to offer end to end cloud computing services for enterprises.
- Cisco and Citrix Systems announced that they are working on a new combined desktop virtualization solution to make it easier and more cost effective for businesses to deploy high-definition virtual desktops and applications to all users across the enterprise.
- Cisco and Itron announced a collaboration to jointly develop a next-generation, standards-based, smart grid platform designed to enable full IPv6 implementation of field area communications that support smart metering, intelligent distribution automation and interfaces to the customer premise.
- Cisco celebrated 25 years of giving back with a Guinness World Record attempt for the world's largest art lesson held in conjunction with Children's Day in Singapore.
- Cisco launched two new programs for 'Going Green, Staying Green' as part of its challenge to Americans to complete one million acts of green.
Complete Conference Call Details:
Date: November 10, 2010
Time: 1:30 PM (PT); 4:30 PM (ET)
To Listen via Telephone: (Due to the limited number of lines available, we encourage you to dial-in approximately 30 minutes prior to the start of the call).
212-519-0847 (for International Callers)
RSVP: No RSVP is necessary
Replay: A telephone playback of the Q1 FY 2011 conference call is scheduled to be available beginning at 4:30 PM (PT) on November 10, 2010 through 4:30 PM (PT) on November 17, 2010. The replay will be accessible by calling 866-357-4205 (International callers: 203-369-0122). The call runs 24 hours/day, including weekends.
An archived version of the webcast will be available on Cisco Systems' Investor Relations website at investor.cisco.com.
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, Cisco Systems, and the Cisco Systems logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and used by them or by affiliates under license in certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.