Panduit Awards Scholarships to Cisco Networking Academy Students Through Adopt-an-Academy Program
Companies Team Up to Help Chicago Area Students Pursue Rewarding Opportunities for Technology Careers
SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 9, 2009 Cisco® Networking Academy® and Panduit® Corp., a global leader in Unified Physical InfrastructureSM (UPI)-based solutions, are pleased to announce the winners of the 2009 Panduit Excellence Scholarships. These scholarships are given as part of the two companies' focused efforts in the Chicago region to provide educational support to Networking Academy students as part of the Adopt-an-Academy pilot.
Adopt an Academy
- Adopt-an-Academy is a pilot program that has been developed by the Cisco Networking Academy and Panduit to create a replicable model which combines financial and in-kind resources to encourage Networking Academy students to further their technology education and pursue information technology (IT) careers.
- Three local academies were selected to participate in the Adopt-an-Academy pilot for the 2009-10 school year: Moraine Valley Community College in Palos Hills, Ill., Robert Morris University in Lake County, Ill., and Purdue University Calumet in Hammond, Ind.
- Nine Networking Academy students were selected to receive the $1,500 Panduit Excellence Scholarship based on academic achievement, community involvement and a demonstrated commitment to the technology field.
- In addition to scholarships, the Adopt-an-Academy pilot has kicked off a mentoring program that extends classroom learning by exposing students to industry professionals through job shadowing, hands-on engagement activities, and one-on-one career consultation.
- Benji Taylor, Robert Morris University, Springfield, Ill.
- Justin Hook, Robert Morris University, Chicago, Ill.
- Angelina Avalos, Robert Morris University, Lake County, Ill.
- Juan Gonzales, Moraine Valley Community College, Palos Hills, Ill.
- Randall Warning Jr., Moraine Valley Community College, Palos Hills, Ill.
- Michael Caputo, Moraine Valley Community College, Palos Hills, Ill.
- Dustin Leach, Purdue University Calumet, Hammond, Ind.
- Nicole Kirincic, Purdue University Calumet, Hammond, Ind.
- Armando Cabrera, Purdue University Calumet, Hammond, Ind.
Cisco Networking Academy
- Cisco Networking Academy is a technology education program that provides students in 165 countries with networking and technical skills to prepare them for careers in the 21st century.
- Committed to delivering the highest standard of information technology education to students of all nationalities, genders and economic brackets, the Networking Academy is designed to offer students real-world skills that will position them for employment and career growth.
- There are currently more than 2,100 academies across the United States, with nearly 600,000 students having completed coursework preparing them for careers in information technology.
- Amy Christen, vice president of corporate affairs and general manager of the Cisco Networking Academy, said:
- Tom Donovan, president, Panduit Corp., said:
"Now more than ever, partnerships can help to ensure that all students have access to the latest technology and the local business community for internships, mentoring, financial assistance and rewarding careers in IT. With this financial aid, Panduit has demonstrated its commitment to providing educational opportunities and helping students to pursue their goals."
"Panduit has always valued technology-oriented education and is thrilled to provide students in the community with an opportunity to participate in the Cisco Networking Academy program. We congratulate these scholarship winners and wish them well as they advance in their educational and professional careers."
- Cisco Networking Academy: http://www.cisco.com/go/netacad
Scholarship, Talent Development, Networking, Cisco, Cisco Networking Academy, Panduit Corporation, CCNA, Cisco Certifications, IT, Interest in IT, Excited About IT
Panduit is a world-class developer and provider of leading-edge solutions that help customers optimize the physical infrastructure through simplification, agility and operational efficiency. Panduit's Unified Physical Infrastructuresm (UPI) based solutions give enterprises the capabilities to connect, manage and automate communications, computing, power, control and security systems for a smarter, unified business foundation. Strong relationships with technology leaders complemented with its global staff and unmatched service and support make Panduit a valuable and trusted partner. (www.panduit.com)
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, and Networking Academy are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsClara's Big Ride Unites Youth for a National Conversation on Mental Health
Cisco Launches Managed Threat Defense Service
Home Security and The Internet of Everything
By Jason Deign 4/22/2014