Cisco TelePresence Certifications and Cisco 360 Training for Voice Elevate Skills for Fast-Growing Collaboration Technologies
First Cisco TelePresence Certifications Deliver Training to Help Cisco Partners and Customers Meet Escalating Demand; Voice Training Tackles Expert-Level Challenges of Unified Communications
SAN JOSE, Calif., November 10, 2009 In response to sharply increasing market demand for advanced telepresence and collaboration solutions, Cisco today announced an extension of its education program to ease the adoption of these networking technologies. Two new certifications validate the skills that professionals need to implement and support Cisco TelePresenceTM deployments. The Cisco® 360 Learning Program for CCIE® Voice provides relevant, role-based training to build expert-level skills and help participants prepare for the rigorous Cisco CCIE Voice Lab Exam.
- With its leading position in video and voice applications across business, government, service provider and consumer segments, Cisco is well-equipped to provide skills development training for mainstream IT professionals.
- Cisco TelePresence delivers immersive, face-to-face experiences for organizations around the world. Deployed in conjunction with eight global service providers, intercompany Cisco TelePresence services allow company personnel to meet with remote teams, suppliers and customers.
- Frost & Sullivan predicts the telepresence market may reach $4.7 billion in revenue worldwide by 2014.
- Analysis from IDC and Cisco indicates that the compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for intercompany telepresence network services and multipoint telepresence network services are 209 percent and 154 percent, respectively.
- According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2008-2013, Internet video is now approximately one-third of all consumer Internet traffic, and by 2013 the sum of all forms of video (IPTV, video on demand, Internet and peer-to-peer) will account for over 91 percent of global consumer traffic.
Cisco TelePresence Certifications:
- Cisco is releasing two specialist certifications that focus on Cisco TelePresence systems and solutions: the Cisco TelePresence Solutions Specialist and the Cisco TelePresence Installations Specialist.
- The Cisco TelePresence Solutions Specialist certification focuses on the job-performance needs of a midcareer voice specialist or networking engineer who seeks to specialize in the planning, design, implementation (PDI) and maintenance of Cisco TelePresence deployments. Tasks include assessing network paths for rich media, evaluating call-control design options and configuring interoperability functions. The CCNA® certification is a pre-requisite.
- The Cisco TelePresence Installations Specialist certification focuses on the job-performance needs of an installation technician seeking to master the physical deployment and construction of single-screen Cisco TelePresence Systems (the 500, 1000, 1100 and 1300 series). Tasks include assessing room readiness, tuning cameras/microphones and installing high-definition screens. While there is no pre-requisite certification, a working understanding of basic Internet-based device connections is highly recommended.
- Information about courseware and exams is scheduled to be available in early 2010 at https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/.
Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE Voice:
- The Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE Voice provides experienced network engineers with an effective and job-relevant program to build expert-level skills and to prepare for the rigorous and continuously evolving Cisco CCIE Voice Lab Exam. Candidates should have already passed the CCIE Voice Written Exam before beginning this program.
- With flexible 24/7 access to labs and content, and expert-level mentoring and training from the IT industry's elite instructors, 360 Training for CCIE Voice strengthens the students' command of technical topics and develops the skills necessary to tackle the types of expert-level configuration and troubleshooting challenges that appear in real-life unified communications networks.
- This program has proven to be the best path for experts to adopt if they are trying to maximize their hands-on knowledge and troubleshooting skills. It was created using Cisco's own deep knowledge as well as that of leading experts around the world.
- The new program is scheduled to be available through Authorized Learning Partners on Dec. 7, 2009.
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, general manager, Learning@Cisco, said:
- Cushing Anderson, program vice president for IDC's IT Education and Certification research, said:
- Irene Kinoshita, president, Ascolta, said:
"As network environments become more complex and sophisticated, incorporating the latest collaborative technologies can help businesses expedite decision making, enhance productivity and improve relationships. The implementation of these advanced technologies requires highly trained IT professionals to manage escalating end-user needs for real -time collaboration. Cisco authorized training and certifications provide organizations and individuals with the technical knowledge and expertise needed to capitalize on the evolution of networking technology."
"The rapid evolution of video and voice collaboration technologies provides a tremendous opportunity to change the way the world communicates and represents a complex addition to the skills and capabilities of network and voice administrators and developers. Market-focused education and certification programs for new job roles such as video, voice and telepresence specialists are essential to assure the return on enterprise investments in these new technologies is fully maximized."
"Video and unified communications are fundamentally changing the way our business operates. By providing job relevant training and certification to support these converging technologies, Cisco is opening the door for network engineers to further their careers, provide value to their employers, and deliver unprecedented opportunities for collaboration around the world."
- YouTube: TelePresence Certifications and Cisco 360 Training Support the Rapid Growth of Collaboration
- Additional information about the Cisco TelePresence certifications and Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE Voice are available at: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/
Social Media Destinations:
- Friendfeed: http://www.friendfeed.com/learningatcisco
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Digg: http://www.digg.com/users/learningatcisco
- Del.i.cious: http://delicious.com/learningatcisco
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=learningatcisco
- Google Reader: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/07543131729020791635
Talent Development, Telepresence, Video, Voice, Certifications, IT Certifications, Cisco, Cisco Learning Network, Collaboration, Education, CCIE, Learning@Cisco, Cisco 360
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, CCIE, CCNA and Cisco TelePresence are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsHow The Internet Is Preserving Korea's Cultural Heritage
By Amy Cortese 5/21/2013
Why Power Companies are Delving into Data
By Jason Deign 5/20/2013
Senior Executives Say Cloud-Based Collaboration Leads to Higher Business Performance