International IT University and Cisco Collaborate to Bring 21st-Century Networking Education to Kazakhstan
Cooperation Addresses Growing Need for IT Specialists
ALMATY, Kazakhstan October 22, 2009 Cisco and the newly founded International IT University in Kazakhstan announced their intent to collaborate in launching an educational program for networking and to integrate the Cisco® Networking Academy® curriculum into the university's core curricula. Prof. Damir Shynybekov, rector of the university, and Aidar Dauletov, general manager of Cisco Kazakhstan, signed a memorandum of understanding about the cooperation.
Facts / Highlights:
- Internet and data communications represent a fast-growing sector in Kazakhstan. As businesses both large and small and public sector organizations are becoming connected, there is a growing need for IT specialists who can design, build and maintain state-of-the-art networks.
- The International IT University was established in April 2009 on behalf of the president of the Republic of Kazakhstan, in close cooperation with the U.S. program iCarnegie, an educational affiliate of Carnegie Mellon University. As the first International IT University in Kazakhstan, the institution aims to become the leading specialized higher education institution in Central Asia. The university is offering specializations in information systems, computers and software, informatics and IT management.
- The first Networking Academy was opened in Kazakhstan in the year 2000. Currently, more than 500 students are participating in the program at 35 academies operating at secondary schools and universities in five cities across Kazakhstan. In the 2009-10 school year, the Networking Academy program is being expanded to additional secondary schools, delivering the IT Essentials course, which provides an overview of computer fundamentals.
- Prof. Damir Shynybekov, rector, International IT University
- Aidar Dauletov, general manager, Cisco Kazakhstan
"The cooperation with Cisco will help our students get up-to-date knowledge and skills from the first years of their education. Our university prepares IT specialists of the next generation with practical and management skills, according to the latest international standards. Our graduates will become leaders capable to bear responsibility for themselves and for their teams. We continuously monitor the needs of the IT market in close collaboration with IT industry leaders, who help us educate high quality specialists."
"For the past 25 years, Cisco engineers have been at the forefront of the development of Internet Protocol-based networking technologies. Today, IP networks are an essential part of business, education, government and home communications. The Cisco Networking Academy delivers a comprehensive 21st-century learning experience and helps students develop the skills needed to design, build and manage networks. We are pleased to offer all this knowledge and experience to Kazakhstan, for the benefit of the students of the IT International University. At the same, we also believe in the importance of IT education for teenagers, and are therefore bringing the Networking Academy to secondary schools across our country. "
- Read more about Cisco Networking Academy
- Visit the International IT University homepage
- See what Cisco offers for higher education
Kazakhstan, International IT University Kazakhstan, Cisco, education, Cisco Networking Academy
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Europe is supplied by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, and Networking Academy are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsCisco Updates CCIE Routing and Switching Certification and Provides Expert-Level Training to Meet Changing Industry Job Roles and Business Requirement
Cisco Announces Upcoming Events with the Financial Community
How Digital Technology Can Keep the Past Alive
By Jason Deign 12/3/2013