Czech Ministry of Education and Cisco Collaborate on 21st-Century Education Programs
10 Years of Cisco Networking Academy in Czech Republic
PRAGUE, Czech Republic, Oct. 20, 2009 - The Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and Cisco will collaborate on a number of initiatives to bring 21st-century education programs to Czech schools, Education Minister Miroslava Kopicova and Cisco Chief Technology Officer Padmasree Warrior announced in Prague.
The cooperation is aimed at the continued roll-out of Cisco® Networking Academy® in the Czech Republic, including support for curriculum integration. Furthermore, the Ministry of Education and Cisco intend to share experiences regarding the use of technology - such as virtual classrooms, e-learning and Web 2.0 tools - for establishing 21st-century schools.
Facts / Highlights:
- The nonprofit Networking Academy program was launched in the Czech Republic in the year 2000 to address the growing need for information and communications technology (ICT) networking specialists. During the past 10 years, more than 2,000 graduates have completed the course, learning how to design, implement and manage computer networks.
- The Networking Academy provides online courses, interactive tools and hands-on learning activities to help students prepare for ICT and networking careers in virtually every type of industry.
- The Networking Academy delivers a comprehensive, 21st-century learning experience to help students develop the foundational skills needed to design, build and manage networks, along with career skills such as problem solving, collaboration and critical thinking. Students complete hands-on learning activities and network simulations to develop practical skills that will help them fill a growing need for networking professionals around the world.
- There are currently 66 local and regional academies with 6,500 students in the Czech Republic.
- The Networking Academy curriculum covers a broad range of subjects, including ICT essentials as well as courses addressing the requirements for CCNA®, CCNA Security and CCNP® certifications.
- Miroslava Kopicova, Minister of Education, Youth and Sports in Czech Republic
"Our country has many talents in the area of information and communications technology, which has been often shown in the past. With increasing importance of ICT, these people will become one of the pillars of prosperity in the Czech Republic. There are already 6,500 students participating in the Cisco Networking Academy today, and thanks to the cooperation between the Ministry of Education and Cisco, we believe that number will widen. I also consider the program valuable because it helps students develop the basic skills needed to design, build and maintain computer networks, as well as social skills."
- Alexander Winkler, general manager, Cisco Czech Republic
"Education is increasingly recognized as a key factor for the competitiveness and success of countries. Building a knowledge economy starts at the level of schools, by providing the right skills and knowledge to students. At Cisco, we are pleased to work together with the Ministry of Education and look forward to create a knowledge center for modeling all that's possible today in 21st-century education."
Cisco, Czech Republic, education, Cisco Networking Academy
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
About Cisco Systems
Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking for the Internet. Information on Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Cisco, Cisco Systems, and the Cisco Systems logo are registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsSenators unveil Canadian Tire Centre Vision, a 700-screen high-definition experience, at Canadian Tire Centre
Cisco to Support IT Development in Kaliningrad Region of Russian Federation
The Network Week in Review and Look Ahead: December 2-6