Miami Dolphins and Cisco Showcase Enhanced Ways For Fans To 'Live the Game!' At The First Home Game At Land Shark Stadium
Dolphins First in Professional Sports to Deploy Cisco TelePresence, Creating All New Fan Experiences in the Venue
MIAMI, Fla. - September 21, 2009 The Miami Dolphins National Football League franchise today announced the deployment of Cisco TelePresenceTM and Cisco StadiumVisionTM to help fans "Live the Game" at Land Shark Stadium. The world-class sports and entertainment facility, that hosts a wide variety of events including Miami Dolphins football, Florida Marlins baseball, University of Miami football and the upcoming 2010 Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, will unleash the power of technology to offer fans an unparalleled game-day experience in a state-of-the-art venue.
The leading technology solutions deployed at Land Shark Stadium were unveiled prior to the first Monday Night Football home opener by Dolphins owner and Managing General Partner, Stephen Ross and Cisco CEO and Chairman, John Chambers. The demonstration included a tour of the new fan-facing technology capabilities in the stadium, the first Cisco TelePresence connection from the stadium to ESPN studios in Bristol, Conn. and an announcement that future Dolphin fans will experience and participate in all the action in entirely new ways with the use of Flip VideoTM, Cisco's line of bestselling fan-friendly pocket camcorders.
Miami Dolphins and Land Shark Stadium Technology Advantage
- For the 2009 football season, the Miami Dolphins are implementing Cisco TelePresence and Cisco StadiumVision in Land Shark Stadium to offer fans a unique, immersive game-day experience.
- The Dolphins are the first sports franchise to deploy Cisco TelePresence, a virtual collaboration solution that re-creates the in-person experience, making people feels as though they are sitting in the same room.
- Intercompany Cisco TelePresence services will be provided by the AT&T TelePresence Solution, enabling users to connect to more than 2,500 Cisco TelePresence rooms deployed around the globe, including Cisco TelePresence Public Suites available for rent on a pay-per-use model.
- With the implementation of Cisco TelePresence in the stadium, the multifaceted venue doubles as a global meeting center and creates a fun, immersive way for fans to virtually interact with their favorite players face-to-face. In addition, Land Shark Stadium can use the solution to connect with business partners and offer it to any event tenant.
- The Dolphins organization is also deploying Cisco StadiumVision, an innovative, end-to-end video and digital content-distribution solution, designed to easily and cost-effectively deliver live game video, targeted advertising and promotions, personal video and customized content per event. Digital displays in the stadium can be personalized per tenant, such as Spanish-language communications for a concert or special promotions to support the 2010 Super Bowl.
- Cisco TelePresence and Cisco StadiumVision are part of a comprehensive network that will improve operational efficiencies, contribute to the growth initiatives and help deliver the ultimate fan experience. With these solutions and network in place, the Dolphins will be able to evolve the fan experiences for years to come.
Fans "Live the Game!"
- Land Shark Stadium will feature more than 1,500 high-definition (HD) displays to immerse Miami Dolphin fans in the ultimate HD experience with Cisco StadiumVision. Fans will be able to view sports news and scores, weather and traffic all while never having to miss a moment of the game action on the field.
- All concession stands will have digital menus for easy ordering and selection of their favorite food and beverage options.
- Executive Suite members will be able to further personalize their experience with a Cisco Unified IP Phone. They will be able to choose multiple HD camera angles and games for viewing on displays, add personalized messages on monitors, and, in the future, even order merchandise, food and beverage to be delivered to their suite.
- By using the latest Cisco technologies, Land Shark Stadium will not only enhance the way fans enjoy game day, but be able to meet the unique needs of all events that will be hosted in this sports and entertainment facility.
- In the future, fans will be able to create and share game-day experiences with the use of Flip Video in the stadium. Fan-captured HD Flip footage can be shared with all 'Dol-Fans', allowing them to "Live the Game" in entirely new ways.
- "First and foremost, fans attend a game to see their team win. But I also understand the importance of creating the best possible game-day experience to attract fans to the stadium," said Stephen M. Ross, owner and managing general partner of the Miami Dolphins National Football League franchise and Land Shark Stadium. "Teaming with Cisco, we will use technology as our home-field advantage to offer fans a unique, immersive game-day experience."
- "The sports industry is in a market transition, and the network is the platform upon which this industry can redefine the sporting entertainment experience for fans and future-proof their networks to be able to evolve as fans needs grow," said John T. Chambers, Cisco chairman and chief executive officer. "The Miami Dolphins are a leader in using technology to redefine the fan experience, demonstrate the value of video to harness the passion of sports, and enable fans to create new experiences in the stadium."
- Cisco Connected Sports
- Miami Dolphins
- Stadiums Compete for the Couch
- Please go to News@Cisco for a replay of the press conference, available September 22, 2009
Miami Dolphins, Cisco, TelePresence, video, sports, StadiumVision, digital signage, Land Shark Stadium
About Land Shark Stadium
Land Shark Stadium (formerly Dolphin Stadium), located in Miami Gardens, FL is a world-class sports and entertainment facility that is home to the Miami Dolphins, Florida Marlins, University of Miami football, FedEx Orange Bowl and other premier events. The stadium has been home to four NFL Super Bowls, three BCS college national championships and two MLB World Series. It will host the NFL Pro Bowl in 2010 as well as Super Bowl XLIV. Land Shark Stadium has one of the largest hi-definition video boards and one of the longest LED ribbon displays in professional sports as well as the biggest point-of-sale wireless system under one roof. Owned principally by Stephen M. Ross, Land Shark Stadium recently received extensive renovations and improvements, making the venue the premier Stadium of the Americas. For more information on this South Florida icon, visit www.LandSharkStadium.com.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, Cisco StadiumVision, Cisco TelePresence and Flip Video are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsPortable Power: Innovation in Mobile Battery Life
By Sue Tabbitt Today, 05:00 AM
The Network Week in Review and Look Ahead: March 3-7
Grupo Pochteca Evolves Its Data Center Based on FlexPod and Cisco UCS Servers