Cisco Delivers Small Business Advantage to Partners and Customers
New Partner Profitability Programs, Small Business Technology and Support Help Small Business Customers and Partners Thrive
SAN JOSE, Calif. Sept. 15, 2009 Cisco today launched a new small business partner profitability initiative designed for various types of partners serving the small business market. Cisco also announced it is expanding its small business product portfolio with new network security and collaboration technologies, continuing its unique small business support and extending zero percent financing offers for small businesses in the U.S., Canada and Europe.
Cisco is investing in industry-leading capabilities around partners, technology and support to develop its small business advantage. These three pillars of Cisco's small business strategy will help companies with fewer than 100 employees gain a competitive advantage and enable the channel partners that serve them to build profitable, sustainable small business practices.
KEY FACTS / HIGHLIGHTS:
- Cisco unveiled a new global partner profitability framework specifically designed to help channel partners serving small businesses build profitable practices around Cisco Small Business solutions.
- Cisco launched five new Small Business Partner Development Fund (PDF) tracks that map to the different partner types selling in the small business market. These include Cisco Registered Partners, Cisco Specialized Partners, online resale partners and service providers.
- Small Business PDF provides quarterly payments to qualifying partners based on their purchases of Cisco Small Business products.
- New partner registration and program intelligence tools provide simplified enrollment and sales-tracking capabilities. The tools allow partners to track sales progress on a daily basis and calculate payments across multiple Cisco programs from a single location.
Broad Technology Portfolio
Cisco announced additions to its Cisco Small Business Pro Series portfolio and enhancements to the Cisco Smart Business Communications System, including:
- Cisco SA 500 Series, part of the Cisco Small Business Pro Series: an easy-to-use, all-in-one security solution designed to protect a small business's network and critical data while allowing employees to connect in a highly secure environment to the business network from anywhere at any time. The device features a built-in firewall, virtual private network capabilities and high-speed network connections for optimal network performance. Additional optional features include:
- E-mail security and Web security can be activated with the optional Trend Micro ProtectLink Gateway service that helps ensure employees are productive and not letting through spam or visiting inappropriate or unsafe Web sites.
- A second layer of security with the optional VeriSign Identity Protection service that accepts a one-time password from a mobile device, giving small businesses added flexibility.
- Cisco SPA 500 Series IP Phones, part of the Cisco Small Business Pro Series: an affordable family of feature-rich, SIP-enabled IP phones with HD-quality audio, twice the sound quality of a standard phone.
- The five new IP phones work with Cisco Small Business premises-based call control like the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series or with hosted IP telephony solutions deployed by service providers.
- Cisco Smart Business Communications System (SBCS) Release 1.6: an enhancement to the complete collaboration and communications system to connect offices, employees and customers anywhere at any time.
- Release 1.6 supports the new Cisco SPA 500 Series IP Phones and the new Cisco SR 520-T1 Secure Router, which brings simple, highly secure T1 connectivity to the small business.
- Release 1.6 utilizes a new version of the Cisco Configuration Assistant (CCA) tool v2.1, enhanced for multisite configuration. CCA v2.1 guides partners through installation with set-up wizards and systemwide configuration capabilities and allows partners to easily maintain the system for their small business customers with simplified diagnostic, troubleshooting and software-upgrade tools.
- Release 1.6 also supports new third-party applications for the automotive and insurance industries as well as a new call accounting application and network monitoring and management application. The integration between SBCS and these applications helps small businesses increase productivity and gain a competitive advantage, while enabling partners to better support the unique needs of their small customers.
Service and Support
Cisco provides the tools, training, service and support to help partners successfully sell, deploy and support Cisco technology for small business customers, including:
- The Cisco Small Business Pro Service, which is available for all Cisco Small Business Pro products, helps partners improve customer loyalty by offering right-priced services backed by Cisco expertise and resources.
- The Pro Service provides three years of affordable technical support, software enhancements, extended access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center and next-business-day hardware replacement as necessary.
- The cost of the Cisco Business Pro Service is based on four simple price bands.
- $19 USD for devices such as the Cisco SPA 500 Series IP Phones
- $69 USD for devices such as the Cisco SA 500 Security Appliances
- $149 USD for devices like the Cisco SR 520-T1 Secure Router
- $499 USD for solutions like the Cisco Smart Business Communications System
Financing for Small Businesses and Channel Partners
- Cisco CapitalSM provides interest-free financing, so small businesses can gain a competitive advantage with Cisco Unified Communications solutions. Cisco also offers free training to teach channel partners how to use flexible financing from Cisco Capital to close new technology deals.
- In the U.S. and Canada, Cisco has extended zero percent financing on voice solutions to include the Smart Business Communications System, Unified Communications Manager Express and Unified Communications Manager Business Edition. The offer is available to qualifying businesses through December 31, 2009.
- In Europe, EasyLease zero percent financing has now been extended to include all Cisco Unified Communications and network technologies.
Product Pricing and Availability
- The Cisco SA 500 Series pricing starts at $550 USD, depending on the model, and is currently available in U.S., Canada, Europe and Australia.
- The Cisco SPA 500 Series IP Phones range in price from $135 to $430 USD, depending on the model, and are currently available in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Australia and parts of Asia and Latin America.
- Cisco SBCS Release 1.6 prices vary by region, number of users, business needs and specific configurations. Cisco SBCS Release 1.6 is currently available in most countries worldwide.
- The Cisco SR 520-T1 Secure Router pricing starts at $1,495 USD, and is currently available only in the U.S. and Canada.
- All products are available to small businesses via Cisco Partners and Resellers.
- Joe Terras, owner, Larry's Foreign and Domestic Car Service:
- Ryan Halper, President, Cynnex Networks:
- Ian Pennell, senior vice president, Small Business Technology Group, Cisco:
- Andrew Sage, vice president, Worldwide Small Business Sales, Cisco:
"We love the Cisco Smart Business Communications System integration with Mitchell1, because we can be more personal and attentive to our clients. When a customer calls, or we call them, everything about that customer's service history, past recommendations and maintenance schedule pops up on the screen. This kind of integration really helps us deliver on our promise of quality repairs and quality service in a reasonable amount of time."
"Cisco continues to demonstrate its commitment to partners with the new Small Business Partner Development Fund tracts announced today, which help partners like us create and run programs that accelerate our growth and profitability. We're also excited about Cisco's announcement of several new Small Business Pro Series solutions. These voice, security and connectivity solutions further strengthen the portfolio by addressing several important customer needs, and Cisco is providing an unbeatable combination of quality, features, support and price point."
"Cisco is dedicated to delivering reliable, easy-to-use technology to small businesses to help them solve real business issues, work smarter and faster, and ultimately help them gain a competitive advantage."
"The new partner profitability framework, coupled with our broad portfolio of small business solutions and support, helps our channel partners build and sustain a profitable small business practice. This is the Cisco Small Business Advantage, and with it, our partners can confidently pursue and serve their small customers."
- Cisco Small Business Pro series benefits
- Cisco SA 500 Series
- Cisco SPA 500 Series IP Phones
- SBCS Release 1.6
- Cisco Configuration Assistant v2.1
- Cisco SR 520-T1 Secure Router
- Cisco Small Business Web site: http://www.cisco.com/smallbusiness
- Cisco Small Business U.S. Spanish Web site: www.cisco.com/go/espanol
- Visit the Cisco blog, The Platform
- Visit the Cisco Channels blog
Cisco Small Business, small business technology, Cisco Small Business Technology Group, Cisco Small Business Series, Cisco Small Business Pro Series, small business networking, network security, VoIP, Cisco Smart Business Communications System, IP telephony, SA 500, SPA 500, SR 520-T1
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo Cisco Systems, and Cisco Capital are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsHow The Internet Is Preserving Korea's Cultural Heritage
By Amy Cortese 5/21/2013
Why Power Companies are Delving into Data
By Jason Deign 5/20/2013
Senior Executives Say Cloud-Based Collaboration Leads to Higher Business Performance