Cisco and the Chilean Government Promote SMB Growth Through Networking and Communications Technologies
Mi Primera Red (My First Network) Initiative Aims to Boost Technology Adoption by Small and Medium Businesses in Chile
Santiago, Chile, September 2nd 2009 - Cisco today announced the launch of Mi Primera Red (My First Network). My First Network is an initiative that seeks to support small and medium business growth through the adoption of information and communication technologies (ICT) to improve processes, increase productivity, reduce operational costs and improve competitiveness. The solution is designed to fulfill the requirements of local SMBs in terms of functionality, cost and financing. It encompasses the network infrastructure, unified communications (IP telephony), broadband access, security and mobility, among other characteristics in a single platform.
- This initiative is part of the agreement signed by Cisco and the Ministry of Economy in 2007 that aims to promote joint lines of work to support broadband growth in Chile and build concrete initiatives that boost technology adoption by local SMBs.
- The unified communications solution will be adaptable to company needs, starting from basic functionality to a more complex version depending on business requirements. The solution will be customizable, and available in several versions.
- Mi Primera Red will also include managed services delivered through service providers such as Redvoiss and Telmex, beside other partners colaboration.
- Financing options are available for Mi Primera Red through financial entities such as Banco Santander.
- The technology solution will be available starting September 2009.
- Small and medium business interested in learning more can visit the portal at www.miprimerared.cl
- The initiative will also incorporate partial grants for training offers through the Cisco Entrepreneur Institute, which offers workshops that provide skillls to business professionals who want to start grow a business or enable their business through the use of technology.
- "We are convinced that the power of ICT can help transform business - especially in small and medium businesses where resources can be more limited and technologies provide a real competitive advantage for achieving increased productivity and efficiency, and of course, a reduction of operational costs. Mi Primera Red is another clear example of Cisco's commitment to Chile's innovation and technology development", stated Guillermo Moya, general manager of Cisco Chile.
- Estrategia Digital from Ministry of Economy standed out Cisco initiative: "Is always positive to have more and better solutions for the SMB's. This is an advanced solution that enable SMB's to access to the Unified Communications benefits, taking advantage of the complete potential that conectivity gives to have more productive performance", pointed out Estrategia Digital Executive Secretary, Ernesto Evans.
- Mi Primera Red (My First Network) initiative: www.miprimerared.cl
- Collaboration Agreement between the Ministry of Economy and Cisco Systems. http://www.economia.cl/1540/article-183761.html
Technorati Tags: Cisco, Networking, SMB, Unified Communications
About Cisco Systems
Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking for the Internet. Information on Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Cisco, Cisco Systems, and the Cisco Systems logo are registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.