Cisco CCNA and CCSP Certifications Aligned to Federal Curriculum Standards for Networking Job Roles of System Administrators and INFOSEC Professionals
Newly Revised Certifications Tightly Integrated to Committee on National Security Systems Standards for Federal Departments and Agencies
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 11, 2009 Cisco today announced that it has again received formal accreditation from the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS), which recognizes that Cisco® security courseware meets the 4011 and 4013A training standards for information assurance professionals in federal departments and agencies. Cisco was recognized at the 13th Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education June 3 in Seattle.
- The CNSS represents a broad cross-section of federal departments and agencies and sets the training standards for information assurance professionals in the government and corporate sectors.
- The security of critical infrastructures depends largely on the readiness of its workforce, and the CNSS standards specify the minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to execute the duties and responsibilities of information systems security professionals.
- These standards ensure that information assurance professionals are trained to oversee and help protect national security information systems.
- The Information Assurance Courseware Evaluation Program, a curriculum certification committee within the National Information Assurance Education and Training Program, has recertified the CCNAÒ and CCSPÒ courseware as meeting all of the elements from the CNSS National Training Standards for the following job roles until 2014:
- Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professionals, NSTISSI No. 4011
- System Administrators (SA), CNSSI No. 4013 Advanced Level
- CCNA Security validates the associate-level knowledge and skills required to manage security within Cisco networks.
- With a CCNA Security certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats.
- The CCNA Security curriculum emphasizes core security technologies; the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices designed to maintain the integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices; and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
- CCSP validates the advanced knowledge and skills required to help secure Cisco networks.
- With a CCSP certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to manage security in network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats and reduce costs.
- The CCSP curriculum emphasizes Cisco's Self-Defending Network strategy and implementations of Cisco Firewall, VPN, and IPS technologies with a range of Cisco devices and solutions.
- "Cisco is constantly working with partners in corporate, educational and government roles to help ensure the relevance, quality and applicability of Cisco training," said Christine Yoshida, senior manager of learning product management at Cisco. "This certification from CNSS underscores our ability to provide end-to-end solutions to government partners with comprehensive security products, services and training scaled to meet their needs."
- Cisco Learning Network: http://www.ciscolearningnetwork.com
- Cisco Learning Partners: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le27/learning_learning_partner_connection_home.html
- Cisco CCNA Certification: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le1/learning_certification_type_home.html
- Cisco CCSP Certification: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le54/learning_certification_type_home.html
Social Media Destinations:
- Friendfeed: www.friendfeed.com/learningatcisco
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Digg: http://www.digg.com/users/learningatcisco
- Del.i.cious: http://delicious.com/learningatcisco
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=learningatcisco
- Google Reader: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/07543131729020791635
Cisco, Certification, Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCSP, Cisco Certification, Security Certification, CCNA Specialist, Security Specialist, CNSS 4011, CNSS 4013A, Infosec
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, CCSP and CCNA are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
# # #