Cisco Creates New Opportunities for Partners to Participate in $34 Billion Collaboration Market
Collaboration Becomes More Accessible with New IP Phones, Expanded Cisco TelePresence Pilot Program and Flexible Licensing Models
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 1, 2009 Cisco today announced new programs, packages and products that will enable its channel partners to participate in the $34 billion collaboration market. To help partners capture this market opportunity, Cisco is introducing new cost-effective and energy-efficient IP telephony endpoints, expanded opportunities for partners to sell Cisco TelePresenceTM systems, and new Cisco® collaboration and Unified Communications solutions and licensing options. The new products, solutions and licensing options offer customers the ability to take advantage of compelling collaboration applications and solutions in more flexible ways to increase business productivity and innovation.
- The new Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 Series is designed for budget-constrained deployments yet offers choice in both color and handset styles, along with energy-efficient engineering that offers power savings of up to 50 percent when in deep-sleep mode. The new 6900 Series enables partners to sell Cisco Unified Communications solutions in global markets where customer preferences require a greater choice of options and green solutions at an attractive price.
- Cisco is introducing Cisco Unified Videoconferencing 7.0, a powerful new video platform that is designed for high-definition multiparty video conferencing. With Cisco Unified Videoconferencing 7.0, Cisco TelePresence systems can display video from standards-based high-definition video systems. The Multipoint Control Unit will enable partners to deploy high-definition video across the Cisco collaboration portfolio and to better support industry applications such as healthcare that benefit from high-definition video.
- Cisco continues to bring immersive video communications to companies of all sizes with a new pilot program that enables Cisco Advanced Unified Communications Specialized Partners to sell one-screen Cisco TelePresence Systems, including the personal Cisco TelePresence System 500, two-person Cisco TelePresence System 1000 and the recently announced Cisco TelePresence System 1300 for multipurpose rooms. The program will roll out as a pilot in selected geographies, converting to a formal program in 2010, and expands the number of partners who can sell, install and manage Cisco TelePresence deployments.
- Cisco is also announcing general availability of the Cisco WebEx authorization for Cisco Express Unified Communications Specialized Partners in the United States and Canada, as well as Express and Advanced Unified Communications Specialized Partners in Europe. This offering, in addition to the Cisco Unified Communications Specializations, is designed for quick adoption and partner profit and allows qualifying Cisco Unified Communications Specialized Partners to sell Cisco WebEx software-as-a-service collaboration solution.
- Cisco Unified Communications channel partners can uncover new sales opportunities with the new Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Entry Edition, a bundled offering designed for customers who require pure dial-tone capabilities and basic mobility. With this new offering, partners have a targeted solution for customers in emerging markets where mobile phones are pervasive.
- Cisco is presenting opportunities for partners and customers to collaborate with the introduction of the Collaboration User Group, a virtual, interactive community for Cisco Unified Communications, TelePresence and WebEx® customers to tap into best practices, gain early access to new product and solution releases, influence roadmaps and directly engage Cisco executives and technical experts. Cisco is also launching the Collaboration Partner Community, a virtual, interactive community for Cisco Collaboration partners to get direct access to Cisco experts and peers, answers and advice in discussion forums, and tools and best practices.
Tags / Keywords:
Cisco, collaboration, unified communications, contact center, video conferencing, interoperability, innovation, business productivity, IP phones, Cisco IP telephony, Cisco TelePresence, Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing, WebEx, Cisco WebEx.
- "The introduction of the Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 Series allows us to accelerate our adoption of Cisco Unified Communications," says Mr. Vijay Mahajan, senior general manager, Mahindra & Mahindra. "M & M is setting up two state of the art facilities, one consolidated R & D Center being set up in Chennai, India and a second state of the art manufacturing facility in Chakan, India. Many users at these facilities need basic reliable voice services, but we also have user populations who need more advanced capabilities. The Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 Series provides cost-effective communications, running on the same Cisco Unified Communications system that is also providing services for employees with more advanced requirements."
- "Our customers want to maximize their technology investment," says Kevin Demers, senior manager Unified Communications Solutions Practice at CDW. "The new Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 Series helps by offering affordable access to Cisco Unified Communications. There is a great interest in eco-friendly options as well, so the deep-sleep power capability should appeal to many customers."
- "Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Entry Edition will help us uncover new sales opportunities to target new and existing customers, especially in emerging markets where our customers need just pure dial tone and basic mobility features," says Jens Peter Jacobs, technical director of Avodaq. "This offering will help our customers build a basic foundation for unified communications, allowing room for growth in the future."
- "Today's business environment is accelerating the demand for collaboration solutions to reduce travel, improve productivity and reduce expenses," said Richard McLeod, senior director of worldwide channels at Cisco. "As we enter the upturn, globalization, consolidation and innovation will emerge as the major business imperatives with collaboration as the key enabler. Cisco and our partners are uniquely positioned to meet those needs."
- Cisco Unified Communications partner central page
- Cisco Unified Communications 7.1.2 System Release
- Cisco Unified Communications product portfolio
- Cisco Unified Communications demos and videos
- Cisco Unified Communications overview
- Cisco Unified Contact Center podcasts
- Cisco Unified Communications podcast series
- Cisco Collaboration Community
- Tata Communications to Launch Cisco TelePresence Exchange
- AT&T Extends Value of its TelePresence Solution to Companies' Existing Videoconferencing Systems
- Cisco, Accenture Strengthen Strategic Alliance
Cisco (Nasdaq: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at www.cisco.com for ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsCisco to Host Financial Analyst Conference 2013 Webcast
Startups in the UK Unlock New Opportunities with 4G
By Sue Tabbitt 12/9/2013
Senators unveil Canadian Tire Centre Vision, a 700-screen high-definition experience, at Canadian Tire Centre