Serious Games, Self-Assessments and More: Learning@Cisco Introduces New Technical Education Products
Innovative Collaboration and Education Solutions Available Through Cisco Learning Network
SAN JOSE, Calif. - April 1, 2009 - To meet the learning needs of tomorrow's networking professionals Learning@Cisco is launching a range of innovative technical education products and assessments. Challenging online games that test core networking skills, specialized e-learning courses complete with online labs that feature the latest Cisco technologies, and self-assessments are now available on the Cisco Learning Network.
- Sixty-six percent of managers believe information technology (IT) certifications improve the overall level of service and support offered to end users, and 75 percent say certifications are important to team performance, according to IDC.*
Cisco today launched new products to support technical education through collaboration including:
Cisco Mind Share Game: Students Learn as They Play
- To meet the learning needs of tomorrow's network professionals, Cisco has launched its most comprehensive serious game yet, the Mind Share Game, available through the Cisco Learning Network Store.
- The Mind Share Game plays like the latest video and computer games on the market, yet because it's based on the concepts and curriculum that make up over half of the content covered in the Cisco CCENT certification, it is also a valuable study tool.
- The Cisco Mind Share Game features 75 game stages and covers more than 15 topics including Media Access Control (MAC) addressing, switch behavior and Internet Protocol subnetting.
Flexible E-Learning Courses
- Learning@Cisco e-learning courses deliver premium online Cisco technical education curriculum, featuring the latest Cisco technologies and online labs.
- Each course focuses on a single topic and includes a lecture, student self-assessment, and an option to access online labs to practice course exercises.
- Learning@Cisco e-learning courses are available in a subscription model featuring flexible delivery technologies to support the full range of formal and on-demand learning needs of today's IT professional.
Cisco 360 Learning Program: Essentials for CCIE Routing and Switching Certifications
- Students and professionals can purchase the popular Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE Routing and Switching in a new format at substantial cost savings.
- Developed for networking professionals in need of core technical education in the advanced area of routing and switching, the Essentials package offers the full benefit of the program's blended-learning approach.
- The Essentials package is available through the Cisco Learning Network Store.
The Path Forward: Learning@Cisco Self -Assessments
- Learning@Cisco Self-Assessments, available mid-April 2009, are a fast, free, and effective way to measure networking knowledge and competencies in Cisco technologies.
- Assessment results guide users to recommended learning services and guidance found only on the Cisco Learning Network.
- Learning@Cisco Self-Assessments are available for a range of Cisco technologies, including routing and switching, voice, security and wireless.
The Cisco Learning Network is a collaborative social-learning community designed to provide Cisco Career Certification training resources and exam preparation tools. The Web 2.0 community platform gives members the ability to share expertise and directly engage with IT professionals, people pursuing a career in IT, and Cisco.
Learning@Cisco addresses the need for technical talent across the globe for Cisco customers and partners, and network professionals worldwide by providing the resources, training, certifications, and consulting services that address the global networking skills talent gap and accelerate productivity, opportunity and growth.
- "With over 9 million page views since its launch in June 2008, the Cisco Learning Network is quickly becoming an important tool for education and collaboration in the Cisco community," said Jeanne Beliveau Dunn, general manager, Learning@Cisco. "As network technology rapidly evolves, demand will continue to grow for qualified individuals with the skills and experience to build, troubleshoot and repair networks and infrastructure. These new deployments will support the learning and development of current and future network professionals."
- "Enterprises are increasingly adopting Web 2.0 collaboration tools to appeal to a new generation entering the workforce that grew up immersed in social media technologies," said Lisa Rowan, director HR, Learning, and Talent Strategies research IDC. "Training will need to follow suit by incorporating interactivity and gaming to be relevant to this new workforce."
- "The Mind Share Game is an exciting tool for anyone interested in pursuing Cisco CCENT certification or simply brushing up on their networking knowledge," said Graham Sorkin, networking student. "Everyone from the most inexperienced networking novice to the expert-level networking professional can enjoy the game and expand or refresh their skills."
- Cisco Learning Network: http://www.ciscolearningnetwork.com
- IDC Skills Gap White Paper: http://www.ciscolearning.org/files/evaluation_resources/networking-skills-in-north-america.pdf
Social Media Destinations:
- Friendfeed: www.friendfeed.com/learningatcisco
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Digg: http://www.digg.com/users/learningatcisco
- Del.i.cious: http://delicious.com/learningatcisco
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=learningatcisco
- Google Reader: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/07543131729020791635
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=680467&trk=anetsrch_name&goback=.gdr_1236889165048_1
Talent Development, Certifications, IT Certifications, Cisco, Cisco Learning Network, Collaboration, Wireless, Voice, Security, CLN, Routing, Switching, Mind Share
*Source: IDC, Impact of Training: Functional Excellence Leads to Operational Productivity, Doc #215762, Dec. 2008.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, CCENT and CCIE are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsCisco, Fira and GSMA Deliver One of World's Largest Wi-Fi Networks at 2014 Mobile World Congress
Today, 08:00 AM
Cisco Announces Tech Talk Around Mobile Data Traffic Report with Wells Fargo
Today, 05:00 AM
Cisco and RST Fiber Deploy 3K Miles of High-Speed, 100 Gigabit Optical Networks
Today, 05:00 AM