AEG and Cisco Empower the Next Generation Fan Experience
First Annual Cisco Sports and Entertainment Summit Presented by AEG will Gather Industry Luminaries to Discuss the Role of Technology in Enhancing the Fan Experience
LOS ANGELES, February 24, 2009 - Cisco today announced that AEG, the leading developer and operator of multipurpose sports and entertainment venues, will deploy Cisco® Connected Sports solutions in three of its premier venues to bring fans closer to the action and provide exciting new sports and entertainment experiences. In addition, the two companies will host the first Cisco Sports and Entertainment Summit presented by AEG to be held at the newly opened L.A. LIVE sports, residential and entertainment district adjacent to STAPLES Center in downtown Los Angeles. Professional sports luminaries, including the NHL and NBA commissioners and executives from ESPN and Harrah's, will convene in Los Angeles for a forward-looking discussion on innovation and technology's strategic impact on sports and entertainment.
AEG Deployment Facts:
- AEG is deploying innovative Cisco technologies in The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, The 02 London, of which NEC is the Technology Solutions Partner, and its corporate offices at L.A. LIVE to enhance the way fans enjoy sports and entertainment events by making the experience more interactive, immersive and personalized.
- AEG is experiencing significant growth on a global scale, with the number of venues owned, operated or affiliated with the organization expanding to nearly 100 in the next 12 months. While the goal is to offer every venue a level of flexibility required to address the local market needs, AEG will be able to more effectively manage its global portfolio of venues, creating significant cost savings and efficiencies.
- Taking advantage of the leading technologies will enable AEG to streamline event-day operations, giving the organization the ability to change from one event to the next, introduce new revenue-generating services, and deliver new, interactive fan experiences.
- AEG will take advantage of various Cisco advanced and emerging technologies, including Cisco TelePresenceTM, Cisco StadiumVisionTM, and Cisco Unified Communications.
- For example, AEG will deploy two Cisco TelePresence units in L.A. LIVE and The O2 London, to enable collaboration between executives in the two global locations.
Facts on Cisco Sports and Entertainment Summit Presented by AEG:
- The first annual Cisco Sports and Entertainment Summit presented by AEG will provide an executive-level perspective on emerging industry and technology trends that affect the future of world-class sports and entertainment and on ways to deliver the ultimate fan experience.
- John Chambers, Cisco's chairman and CEO, along with Timothy J. Leiweke, president and CEO of AEG will present their vision for addressing key market opportunities and innovations in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Keynote presenters at the summit include: Gary Bettman, NHL commissioner; Sean Bratches, executive vice president, Sales and Marketing, ESPN; Gary Loveman, chairman, CEO and president of Harrah's; David Stern, NBA commissioner; and Paul Tagliabue, former NFL commissioner.
- Timothy J. Leiweke, president and chief executive officer, AEG
- Michelle Wahlgren, worldwide vice president of IT, AEG
- Ron Ricci, vice president and executive sponsor, sports and entertainment, Cisco
"AEG and Cisco will assemble the key influencers and decision makers in North American professional sports to discuss the role that technology will play in providing world-class entertainment. Given Cisco's expertise in technology innovation and AEG's leadership in venue management and live entertainment, our peers will hear how a sound technology strategy is critical to compete for the future."
"The next-generation of venue technologies incorporates and integrates video, voice, data, wireless and even social networking into one seamless network. This allows us to deliver unique services required at each location, as well as better manage and streamline operations in ways that makes our venues more efficient, flexible and secure over the long term. Cisco was able to bring a unique perspective on how technology could be used to meet our business and technology needs, but was also as equally concerned as AEG about enhancing the fan experience -- our top priority."
"Whether a venue is hosting a sporting event for tens of thousands or a rock concert for a few hundred, innovative new technologies will deliver new and enhanced experiences for fans. AEG and Cisco will host this summit to discuss key industry trends and explore ways for our customers to take advantage of video and other interactive offerings, in the venue and beyond, to create more customized and memorable experiences."
- Cisco Sports Web Site
- AEG Worldwide
- Cisco Video - Collaboration and Innovation: Bringing Fans Closer to the Game
- Cisco Videos - The Human Network Effect in Sports
Technorati Tags: AEG, Cisco, sports, NBA, NHL, NFL, collaboration, video, TelePresence
AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Anschutz Company, owns, controls or is affiliated with a collection of companies including over 90 facilities worldwide such as STAPLES Center, NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE, Prudential Center (Newark, NJ), NOKIA Theatre Times Square, NOKIA Theatre at Grand Prairie, the El Rey Theatre (Hollywood, CA), WaMu Theatre (Seattle, WA), the Rose Garden (Portland, OR), Target Center (Minneapolis, MN), Beijing Olympic Basketball Arena Acer Arena (Sydney, Australia), Color Line Arena (Hamburg, Germany), The Globe arena (Stockholm, Sweden), O2 World arena (Berlin, Germany) and The O2, a 28-acre development located in the eastern part of London along the Thames River which includes a 20,000 seat arena and over 650,000sf of leisure and entertainment use; sports franchises throughout the world including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and two MLS franchises in addition to overseeing privately held management shares of the Los Angeles Lakers (NBA). AEG developed and operates The Home Depot Center, a $150 million national training facility on the Campus of California State University Dominguez Hills in Carson, California designated as an "Official U.S. Olympic Training Site" by the United States Olympic Committee that includes major facilities for soccer, tennis, track & field, cycling, lacrosse, rugby, action sports, beach volleyball, basketball and other sports.
AEG's live entertainment division, AEG LIVE is one of the world's leading concert promotion and touring companies with fifteen regional offices that has recently promoted national tours on behalf of artists such as Prince, Usher, Kenny Chesney, Rod Stewart, Paul McCartney, Yanni, the Eagles, George Strait, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera, Dixie Chicks, Hannah Montana and American Idol. AEG LIVE is currently overseeing the international museum tour of the artifacts of King Tut "Tutankhamen and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs" and produced "A New Day..." starring Celine Dion which just concluded an unprecedented five year "residency" at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, Cisco StadiumVision and Cisco TelePresence are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document or Website are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.